• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"We listen because we care and want to learn."

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Does that motto resonate with you?
I am here to team up with you to keep your
listening skills sharp.
If you are interested, let me know.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Supply and demand.
The demand for great listeners has gone up.
The supply of great listeners has gone down.
Your clients/customers want to be heard.
Your colleagues want to be heard.
Great listening is hard work. I am here to make it easier.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I see these ads of yours so often and I just hafta ask...........

I don't see, read or hear anything you're talking about. I see requests on this site for everything under the sun and I observe many people listening and giving answers. Not always the correct answers, but they are listening and answering. Perhaps, before we learn to listen, people should learn how to communicate and get their half-a$$ed statements, questions or just plain discussion into a format that would make sense to the "listener". It's kinda difficult to listen to gibberish. Foolishness is also hard to listen to. Banter is good and witty banter is even better, if done correctly, but to just sit and listen to some of the recent hogwash..... well, who wants to listen to that ??

Is it possible to distinguish the difference before falling a sleep ??

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Okay, I see these ads of yours so often and I just hafta ask...........

I don't see, read or hear anything you're talking about. I see requests on this site for everything under the sun and I observe many people listening and giving answers. Not always the correct answers, but they are listening and answering. Perhaps, before we learn to listen, people should learn how to communicate and get their half-a$$ed statements, questions or just plain discussion into a format that would make sense to the "listener". It's kinda difficult to listen to gibberish. Foolishness is also hard to listen to. Banter is good and witty banter is even better, if done correctly, but to just sit and listen to some of the recent hogwash..... well, who wants to listen to that ??

Is it possible to distinguish the difference before falling a sleep ??
Gino, you decide which of your tools you want to keep sharp. Listening is a tool. I am here to team up with those who want to keep their listening skills sharp.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No offense, but that is a pure piece of bullsh!t answer. You're looking for referrals or wannabees and you give a stupid-a$$ answer like that ?? How 'bout you listen and reply on what I said ?? LISTEN to some of your own preaching and try listening to someone when they are asking you a legitimate question. Did you hone yet today ??

You only wanna team up with a buncha listeners ?? You don't wanna cultivate discussion and have listening go BACK & FORTH ?? What the heck kinda coach are you ??

Like I said, no offense, but I've never HEARD (heard is past tense of listened to) of someone trying to help and then put blinders/earplugs in/on to questions pertaining to the very subject you're pretending to teach.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
No offense, but that is a pure piece of bullsh!t answer. You're looking for referrals or wannabees and you give a stupid-a$$ answer like that ?? How 'bout you listen and reply on what I said ?? LISTEN to some of your own preaching and try listening to someone when they are asking you a legitimate question. Did you hone yet today ??

You only wanna team up with a buncha listeners ?? You don't wanna cultivate discussion and have listening go BACK & FORTH ?? What the heck kinda coach are you ??

Like I said, no offense, but I've never HEARD (heard is past tense of listened to) of someone trying to help and then put blinders/earplugs in/on to questions pertaining to the very subject you're pretending to teach.
Gino, I am not here to "cultivate discussion." I have a specific service that I offer. And that is to send out a daily reminder to keep listening skills sharp. I make every reminder short (two-minute read) and interesting with useful tips and examples. I started with one reader two months ago, and now I am up to 33. I advertise here to let sign makers know of my service.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, good for you. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but it sounds much like the 'cart before the horse' syndrome.

I've read a bunch of your tidbits and...... well, I still haven't joined. Sorry.

May I ask......

Do you explain how people can pick and choose what they listen to ??
What to listen for... when listening ??
How to differentiate between drivel and something worth listening to ??
How to comprehend what you just listened to ??
How to retain what you listened to ??
How can we use what we listened to, if we listened and forgot what they said ??
How to take notes, and listen at the same time ??

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Okay, good for you. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but it sounds much like the 'cart before the horse' syndrome.

I've read a bunch of your tidbits and...... well, I still haven't joined. Sorry.

May I ask......

Do you explain how people can pick and choose what they listen to ??
What to listen for... when listening ??
How to differentiate between drivel and something worth listening to ??
How to comprehend what you just listened to ??
How to retain what you listened to ??
How can we use what we listened to, if we listened and forgot what they said ??
How to take notes, and listen at the same time ??
Gino, yes

Stacey K

I like making signs
The hard thing about being a good listener is knowing when to butt in because they are wasting your time.

I begin to get carried away with my own stories sometimes and have to stop myself. Nobody wants to hear me talk at my shop, they want to hear themselves talk.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The hard thing about being a good listener is knowing when to butt in because they are wasting your time.
This.
...Sometimes it's easy to have that BS detector on alert. Sometimes you listen for too long before you realize that you need end it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

I begin to get carried away with my own stories sometimes and have to stop myself. Nobody wants to hear me talk at my shop, they want to hear themselves talk.
I have a great disinterested face which works really well with the self aware. It's quite annoying when it doesn't work and I have to resort to an emergency bathroom run. It's even more annoying when they follow me but great when they offer to help.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a great disinterested face which works really well with the self aware. It's quite annoying when it doesn't work and I have to resort to an emergency bathroom run. It's even more annoying when they follow me but great when they offer to help.

Hmm I’ll have to try that sometime…not sure if I want help though [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Does that motto resonate with you?
I am here to team up with you to keep your
listening skills sharp.
If you are interested, let me know.
Competitive advantage.
If you are interested in the idea of gaining a competitive advantage by using your listening skills, then send me a direct message.

Johnny Best

People generally shy away from me so they don't talk to me and I am happy because I don't have to listen.
My friend tells me I look like an "Angry Dutchman".