• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"We listen because we care and want to learn."

garyroy

James 1:19
Know this, my beloved brothers: Everyone must be quick to listen.

Confucius said, "The superior man has nine things which are subjects with him of thoughtful consideration.
In regard to the use of his eyes, he is anxious to see clearly.
In regard to the use of his ears, he is anxious to hear distinctly.

Listening is an art for sure. I'm still working on it after 66 years. ;)
It's Business that makes us rush. "Time is money", and so we rush.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have a great disinterested face which works really well with the self aware.
I have an unconscious disinterested face, but I don't do it on purpose. It usually comes out when I ask a simple question, and the person I'm asking has to take 10 minutes to get to the tidbit I wanted. I don't need the "whole story" - just an answer to my question, which could be summed up in about 3 or four words.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you were truly listening, you would never had picked up on that, as they sound identical. That's another one of the problems with this exercise in futility....... you cannot listen to anything here..... especially when people write with so many punctuation problems, spelling infractions and misused words.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I have resting axe murderer face so people never talk to me.

One of our employees asks me, "Have you ever had someone come up to you in Walmart and start talking about....." I'm like, strangers talk to you? I wouldn't know what that's like.

Wonder if that means my listening skills are undeveloped....

Boudica

Perhaps, underdeveloped. That's the whole gist of this thread...... to make them keen and sharp. Haven't you been listening ??

Me:
1660762924246.png

Johnny Best

I was taught by a nun like you in 7th grade. Sister Rose Meriam. But she crossed it through with a red pencil and then in fast cursive, write the word or words that were wrong over the top of it.. Still making the same mistakes as 61 years ago.
She sat up there like a machine with her hand flying back and forth with her red pencil.
Her head was down so all you saw was a black layered cloth with a white hand holding a red wand weaving mysterious curses that if we touched ourselves "your" genitals would fall off.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If I had been listening and not reading I would not have a vision of an axe murderer, a nun and flying genitals...geesh!
Ah-haaa..... precisely my point. On this medium, one cannot listen to anything, unless it's a short video. Then, we all listen, but other than that, one can only see what someone wants another to see/read. On-line forums such as this is not set up for your listening pleasure.

Boudica

I was taught by a nun like you in 7th grade. Sister Rose Meriam. But she crossed it through with a red pencil and then in fast cursive, write the word or words that were wrong over the top of it.. Still making the same mistakes as 61 years ago.
She sat up there like a machine with her hand flying back and forth with her red pencil.
Her head was down so all you saw was a black layered cloth with a white hand holding a red wand weaving mysterious curses that if we touched ourselves "your" genitals would fall off.
will you go blind, or will your genitals fall off? which one is it?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Girls thingies fall off and are left with nothing at that age, but hey.... who gives a rat's behind....... you have 58 other genders you could become without any questions asked.......... they, us, them, usins, yous and yo's................

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I have an unconscious disinterested face, but I don't do it on purpose. It usually comes out when I ask a simple question, and the person I'm asking has to take 10 minutes to get to the tidbit I wanted. I don't need the "whole story" - just an answer to my question, which could be summed up in about 3 or four words.
My wife said she wanted to get Botox because she looked mad all of the time. Lady, that's because you are mad all of the time, might I suggest a shrink instead? The happy look when you are angry is way worse, just wear it and own it. Women, I swear!

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Does that motto resonate with you?
I am here to team up with you to keep your
listening skills sharp.
If you are interested, let me know.
"Team up" is the key to what I have to offer you. Synergy is what drives productive results. When you and I talk together about listening, much more will develop than what we could do on our own. Teamwork and synergy are what make it all work so well. I am applying to be on your team as your listening synergist.