• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well it had to happen didn't it

J Hill Designs

Exactly! :goodpost:

Edit: although, IF it was simple layout, 1 color on white, I would probably say 'sure! $64' -- but, low quali jpg provided = more work ≠ profit

Caitlin

I forgot to mention, in this particular case - yes, I think we would agree. Especially with a low res jpeg. If Staples is at $65, might as well go to Staples and it can be their hassle.

fmg

How Staples or Kinkos can even justify the junk signage they produce is beyond me and whats even worse is the Customers buy this Fodder.

Speedsterbeast

So you're upset that a potential customer got two prices to get himself the best deal for his hard earned money, offered you a chance to quote it, and even told you where you had to be?
If you offer a better product, or can justify why he should go with you, it's your job to explain that to your customers. It's not their job to automatically know everything about the business you're in.
Maybe it's time for a new career.
Sorry, but it seems like a pretty petty thing to be posting a complaint about

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, the question then is..... if you substituted the name 'Staples' with any number of other competitors, would your reaction still be the same ??

fmg

So you're upset that a potential customer got two prices to get himself the best deal for his hard earned money, offered you a chance to quote it, and even told you where you had to be?
If you offer a better product, or can justify why he should go with you, it's your job to explain that to your customers. It's not their job to automatically know everything about the business you're in.
Maybe it's time for a new career.
Sorry, but it seems like a pretty petty thing to be posting a complaint about
Just having a debate that's not complaining or venting whatsoever just pure topic of the day.If that's OK with you Jerry Springer!

tsgstl

I think you posted this thread to get the reaction you are now getting from some. It might have taken 24 hours but congrats for finally getting it.

The title of the thread is ironic because I have seen at least a few other threads from you looking for the same reaction

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you posted this thread to get the reaction you are now getting from some. It might have taken 24 hours but congrats for finally getting it.

The title of the thread is ironic because I have seen at least a few other threads from you looking for the same reaction
DING....... DING...... DING....... DING...... DING....... DING...... DING....... DING...... DING....... DING...... DING....... DING......
Now you're all catchin' on............ just play along with him. It makes for a better day, if you just Kumbaya with the masses. :peace!:

HulkSmash

It's not that we cant it's we don't want to as it will get in the way of making a $5000 sign.
Fortunately we are not that type of business.

i 100% get where you're coming from and agree with you.

1 60 dollar sign. you literally make negative money.. well I do.

fmg

A $60 sign will cost me more to make so I will just leave it to the Mummy and daddy sign shops to fulfill, and boy is there a load of em out there in the good ol US of A

John Butto

BEAT IT!!! Mate I don't even turn on the computer for less than $175 and thats just to turn it on. By the way where did you say you got your envelopes and rubber bands from?
I will just leave it to the Mummy and daddy sign shops to fulfill, and boy is there a load of em out there in the good ol US of A
You remind me of the Martin Chuzzlewit's uncle, with your business sense and people skills.

John Butto

Thank you for responding to my last post. It confirms my suspicion that you are not a true Englishman. There was no uncle mentioned in Martin Chuzzlewit but in Nicholas Nickleby where the uncle Ralph is the villain who in the end hangs himself for his bad business dealings and the way he treats people. I am a good old USofA cowboy and I even know Charles Dickens stories.

MikePro

"apologies, sir, but everything we create is custom and have a shop minimum of $150 to cover our setup time. BUT, if you like, I can make 2 of these for $150 or 4 of these for $240... if you really want me to beat that estimate."

Speedsterbeast

Just having a debate that's not complaining or venting whatsoever just pure topic of the day.If that's OK with you Jerry Springer!

That's what you call a debate? Someone posts a contensous response and you insult them. I don't see anything resembling a debate here.

Jillbeans

My knee-jerk reaction to this customer would have also been to feel insulted.
But it's just part of having a business, I would have politely told him that I could not do the sign for that price, that I am not WalMart, everything I do is completely custom, and to have a nice day.
What I am entirely sick of lately is people (not even classified as customers) either calling or emailing me wanting to buy blank coroplast from me.
Or the once a year tire-kicker emailer/caller, who contacts me wanting something for nothing.
Or the ex-customers from a closed sign shop, who bit the dust because they were too cheap to turn a profit, expecting me to do a yard sign for $12.
I am not into negative money, no matter how small a shop I am.
Love.....Jill