• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What AntiVirus Software Do You Use ? ? ?

What AntiVirus Software Do You Use ? ? ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Replicator

Please share the software you use, and maybe tell why [Good & Bad] . . . !

I use Norton, and Have for Years Nows !

Techman

AVG,, the better one. And FREE!
Avoid Norton and McAfee.. to much bloatware and soem known issues

ChiknNutz

I used to use Norton [for years really], but after I got Verizon DSL, McAfee came with it free so that's what I've been using now for a couple years now (I think). Been good so far, I've not had any problems that I'm aware of.

A few years back, I read up about Kapersky, which at that time had the best reviews.

WVB

I use Avast! and have for couple years now with great results. Avast! too is free...

Techman

? ? ? - How Is That FREE ? ? ?
.. ITs FREE. Always been free. ITs one of the best. Why? because it is not full of useless bloated do every thing features you will never need. It will not slow your machine as NOTRON or McAfee does. Averaage users buy those two because of past reputations. Computer Guru's have suspected / known about certain crash issues with Norton for a long time and avoid it.

You just gotta look around a little.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

threeputt

Used AVG for the last two years. Just 2 months ago upgraded to AVG Professional Edition. About $75.00 for two years. Free upgrades of course.

There's too much to lose if you get some malicious bug. After all, this is our livelihood, right?

Billct2

"AVG Anti-Virus Free and AVG Anti-Spyware Free is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only."

Using the free version of this software for commercial use (like making signs even if on your home computer) is just as wrong as stealing copyrighted artwork or sign designs.

Bigdawg

Just Me
AVG was free - and is until Jan. 7... becomes pay after that. Mine keeps reminding me when it updates. Good enough product that I will pay for it though. HATE NORTONS!!! and don't feel much better about McAfee. AVG has served me better than both of those have.

mladams7259

I use Computer Associates EZ Antivirus. It is great! Its also free for 12 months. Ive been using it for 3 years now and Its excellent. Automatic updates and all.

jayhawksigns

I had the whole Norton Suite installed years ago, and one day for no reason I could no longer get on the internet from my design computer. Found out that it was not an uncommon problem and I spent several hours trying to uninstall everything from the suite. Since then its been AVG, Lavasoft, and ZoneAlarm for me.

Bigdawg

Just Me
You are mistaken,, AVG is still FREE!
We kept getting a warning that we need to purchase a license on the office computer (which had the free version). Don't get the warning on the computers at home. I did notice that the licensing had changed to not allow any commercial use at all on the free version so technically you are right - for home use it's free, but for any business you are now required to purchase a license for $29.95 for one year or $38.95 for 2 years. Still a good deal.