• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what are different graphics softwares available?

jiarby

OK...Mr. Seeker.

I'll answer your quesion if you can tell me the difference between a bitmap and a vector.

Dave L.

Corel is a very popular one for smaller signs, though the workspace permitted can hamper larger jobs. I like the Flexi family software for an all in one type of program.

DTFuqua

Corel Draw X3 is a very good set of programs that you can find cheep on ebay( get the full retail version) and has a lot of tutorials on the internet. Inkscape is a free program you can download and also has some tutorials on the internet. Good luck.
Terry

SignManiac

I've been working with CrayolaDraw over the past thirty years. It's easy to learn. Very intuitive. What I like best about it is the built in stylus that doesn't require a cord or batteries.

It comes with an huge pallet of sixty four colors which will cover most anything you can create. Circles, squares, ovals and rectangles can be scaled up as large as a typical household wall, usually 8' so you should be able to create large scale graphics.

The last I checked you could find a 2008 64ct 50th Birthday Limited Edition NEW box set on ebay for $12.95

It's a great software package to get you started.

high impact

You guys are brutal...ease up a little bit.

My computer came with a sign program already installed, I think it's called Paint. ;-)

Replicator

I've been working with CrayolaDraw over the past thirty years. It's easy to learn. Very intuitive. What I like best about it is the built in stylus that doesn't require a cord or batteries.

It comes with an huge pallet of sixty four colors which will cover most anything you can create. Circles, squares, ovals and rectangles can be scaled up as large as a typical household wall, usually 8' so you should be able to create large scale graphics.

The last I checked you could find a 2008 64ct 50th Birthday Limited Edition NEW box set on ebay for $12.95

I just bought that software and it's the best set of tools I've ever used.

But this is a little advanced for a beginner :rock-n-roll:

the_seeker

OK...Mr. Seeker.

I'll answer your quesion if you can tell me the difference between a bitmap and a vector.

bitmap and vector are two types of 2d graphics,
bitmaps are madeup of small tiny dots of color aka pixels and we can actually see it by zooming in an image.all scanned or camera pics are bitmap images. the main disadvantage of bitmap image is that we lost quality when we try to resize it and they are resolution dependent.
vector images are made up of small scalable objects and they are resolution independent so they can be increased to any size without loosing the quality...fonts are one of the examples of vector images. they are not good for photos plus we cannt scan any image to vector.
hope i hv answered ur question properly and now u will keep ur words too.
i did do my homework but there are too many softwares and i cant figure it out where to begin with.i am looking forward to become a graphics designer so thats why i asked about softwares so i can start working on them.
thx for ur remarks and trust me i didnt take them in wrong spirit coz i knew that u were trying to push me to work hard.
thx

Replicator

bitmaps are madeup of small tiny dots of color aka pixels and we can actually see it by zooming in an image.all scanned or camera pics are bitmap images. the main disadvantage of bitmap image is that we lost quality when we try to resize it and they are resolution dependent.
vector images are made up of small scalable objects and they are resolution independent so they can be increased to any size without loosing the quality...fonts are one of the examples of vector images. they are not good for photos plus we cannt scan any image to vector.
i did do my homework but there are too many softwares and i cant figure it out where to begin with.i am looking forward to become a graphics designer so thats why i asked about softwares so i can start working on them.
thx for ur remarks and trust me i didnt take them in wrong spirit coz i knew that u were trying to push me to work hard.
thx

Sounds like it's straight out of the dictionary . . . except for the grammatical errors :omg2:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Major Sign Making Programs

FlexiSign
SignLab
Gerber Omega

Other Sign Making Programs

CiberCut
LXI (Private Label FlexiSign)
Sign Wizard
Sign Cut
Sign Blazer
Vinyl Master Pro
SignGo
Lots of Others

Bridge Programs

CoCut
CoCut Pro
Others

Vector Illustrations Programs

Adobe Illustrator
CorelDRAW

Jackpine

Love it! I started with the 8 color set but that was a few years ago. The list Fred posted is pretty complete.l

Last edited:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

thx

Great response. Best comeback to a hazing I've read in a while. At least he asked about the software first instead of "how do I get this $200 plotter to work?".