• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What cutter, CHEAP

Shovelhead

knock on my door...

and ask for directions?...I'll give em to ya and send you on your way...
might even invite you in for a cocktail if I get a good vibe....ask
me how to make signs and you'll get a boot in your ass.
I made that mistake when I was a punk when I dropped in with a friend to a taxidermist buddy of his...I said, "oh, that's a nice hobby"...he said, "Mutha F..er.....this is what I do for a living!
I gained an instant respect and never made that mistake again.
You people are treading into our house and making that mistake.

Redline Signs

Hey Shovelhead--
If you are not here to give or receive advice on the sign business your 3888 posts and endless hours here have been a waste of time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey autie…….

Making a mockery or mocking the people in a field you have no idea about… might be fun to you…. This is getting to be too fun!! Where do you get all the information you put in your post? It surly was not from anything I said!! so, now I understand where you’re really coming from after reading that paragraph of pure crap.

The first guy didn’t know any better, but evidently you do…. based on your insight and well thought out comments. You’re actually just a blood sucker in my book. You can’t do anything except prey on people and just try to wear them down by taking things totally out of context. You don’t listen to anything unless it doesn’t hurt your feelings. Grow up, ya little toad.

As far as obtaining knowledge…. mine was based solely upon your statements and profile information. Should I have been mistaken, it would be your fault with all the information you offered or lack of.

As far as your tardy introduction…. for me it’s a little late to hear your pathetic excuse for a story. You come here…. start trouble by calling many here names and indicating our help is worthless and go on to give someone credit for nothing you know anything about and keep up this little charade and then ask for the Bossman to rub your crap out because you realized it was total crappola.

Please think about what you say before you offer foolish nonsense about an industry you know nothing about.

If you feel getting Xacto blades or hiring a professional to do something for you is wrong when the guy asked for the cheapest means possible…. then seek help where you said you found sites that doesn’t bash anyone. I’m sure they have great wisdom there.

Again, hoping you don’t quit our ranks here at :signs101:…. where do your kind come from…….??????

And Redline.... stop being a turd........

Last edited:

Shovelhead

:help:

Attachments

• you-talking-to-me-766182.jpg
    you-talking-to-me-766182.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 127

Shovelhead

and only two things come from Palmdale!!!!!!

Attachments

• 00106966.jpg
    00106966.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Liberace-2.jpg
    Liberace-2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 87

Redline Signs

Gino--
I find it funny that after that grand speech about not calling people names you turn around and call me a "turd".
This site used to be pretty good, but now it's just a place to attack people.

Shovelhead

Gino--
I find it funny that after that grand speech about not calling people names you turn around and call me a "turd".

with 46 posts...I see that you've been around forever to make that judgement call.
Besides, you're an UBER TURD!!!!
Get out...but wash your hands first...that SUPER BUG thing and all ya know!!!.

Attachments

• long-turd-big.jpg
    long-turd-big.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 74

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, Dowdy's been cool about it.​
Holy Cow....... where are you people coming up with this crap........ ?? Is it Full Moon ?? Did Bellevue suddenly become overfilled ?? Haven't the squirrels collected all the nuts yet for winter ??

Where - in - that - whole - story..... did you read negativity ‘about not calling people names‘ ?? I called names out several times there. Are your feelings hurt because I called you a turd ?? Should I have used something more you’d understand like jackass or dolt ??

For crying out loud folks…. we’re thinned skinned now about hearing the complete truth and being called a cute little word.

The only attack here was by autie in his first and following posts. Great way to get to know the neighborhood as Mr Rogers would say. If you think everyone is going to be nice to you the rest of your life…. good luck to ya sonny. Unless you’re in some mental hospital or rich…. be prepared to take a lot of crap from the whole world. Some you deserve…. and some you don’t . However, if you get bent out of shape every time someone farts…. stay out of my way…. I call ‘em how I see them. If ya can’t take things with the kids gloves on…. you better not walk out your front door……. ever again.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja

if you think this site "used to be pretty good" obviously you're looking at a different site than the rest of us...or at least not looking at the site with signmaker eyes......this isn't a forum for the average joe, because the average joe isn't going to understand most of the technical questions or information......this is a forum for SIGN MAKERS!!! if you're not one, then this probably isn't "pretty good" to look at.....

Flame

You win.

I do not wish to be associated with people who can not answer simple questions without sarcasm.

If the owner of this board is watching please remove my information from this forum.

Cranky cranky cranky.

Your theory doesn't work. We're in business to be IN BUSINESS. Not as a hobby to create horrid looking stuff as cheap as we can.

By buying a $300 machine, he'll be spending hours upon hours trying to figure it out, and end up losing a lot of money making crap work. For your own good mr. welderman, don't buy one. You'll actually save money by having a pro do it for you. Sounds crazy, but true.

If you local sign guy is ripping you off. Find a new one. If he is horrible, find a new one. There are good honest people out there that'll do the job right. Find one, pay him, and reap the rewards of a successfully advertised business.

Just my $0.02

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I have a welding business and always needs signs and stickers. So I wanted to get a cutter so I could just make what I needed when I needed it. This will not be used for production work by any means. I'm only wanting to spend a few hundred dollars. Is this possible? Thanks

No.

Samm

I sortera have to disagree Flamey (re using a cheap macine) - sorry!!!

When I got started doing up hubby's business, all I could convince him at the time was to get a creation, it was the cheapest about. I now have a Roland.

I had a couple of little probs with the creation - they were actually just silly little settings in Flexi which I had forgotten about.

Due to the massive amount of dust produced here lately, the Roland is now at home, and the Pcut is here, and does a fair bit of work still.

Knowing it is a cheap machine, I half expect it to let me down, but so far in 8 months, with most-daily use - it hasnt.

All in all, I think skill plays a big factor in this business, not how much a person can spend on a cutter and/or printer.

xSam

Samm

Must admit though - the artcut software that came with it - took one look and it went. Was lucky I still had Flexi.

EnergyDesign

Ok, I feel I must weigh in on this conversation...

First, you should never walk into an NFL Stadium and tell a Linebacker that you have trained for a while and are ready to tackle him....just like you shouldnt google "Vinyl Plotter" and DECIDE TO BUY ONE.

Second, I will refer you to the search feature of this humble little board. If you search and read some posts, not only will you find out Chinese plotters are cheap, but you will also see that being called a turd is tame compared to what some folks have been called here.

Third, if you cant stand the heat, get your @$$ off the print dryer.

Fourth, shutup and drink a cold one! Especially you Gino!

Flame

I sortera have to disagree Flamey (re using a cheap macine) - sorry!!!

When I got started doing up hubby's business, all I could convince him at the time was to get a creation, it was the cheapest about. I now have a Roland.

I had a couple of little probs with the creation - they were actually just silly little settings in Flexi which I had forgotten about.

Due to the massive amount of dust produced here lately, the Roland is now at home, and the Pcut is here, and does a fair bit of work still.

Knowing it is a cheap machine, I half expect it to let me down, but so far in 8 months, with most-daily use - it hasnt.

All in all, I think skill plays a big factor in this business, not how much a person can spend on a cutter and/or printer.

xSam

For the average business, they'd lose more money running their equipment, than buying from a reputable shop.

So many factors come into play. Time learning a different business, buying equipment, buying material, the steep learning curve, time down, lack of quality.

You'd be better off hiring someone.

Samm

OK...so I've put some thought in...

I remember back when I was first shown my workspace, there was this Mac staring at me, looking all cranky with it's steel grey exterior.

It took time to learn...I had just 2 days with my predecessor and then I was on my own...

Here I am 11 years later still learning, the other day someone mentioned a function in Flexi that I never knew existed!!!

I think for a proper sign shop, yup, definately worth the investment.

For Joe out in the shed wanting a few decals for the race car or his machines - cheap is fine.

I guess underneath it all, the program is the hardest part. The cutter gets its job from the computer, computer cant pass on a good job if the person behind the computer knows nothing more than how to type their own name.

I'm getting too political, thank goodness it's Friday!!!!