• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you charge for 8 x 12

tsgstl

good luck, most likely there is a company outside of Chicago charging around $200 a sheet. So if you are trying to "win" the bid you will need to be around $600 for the sign and $200 for the install. If that's worth it to you have at it.

SignManiac

Not without details. How long is a piece of rope????

No mention of material or fabrication, post type and dimensions, ground conditions.

You're asking a ridiculous question, like the ones I often get from customers. You should know better.

The sign material is 3mm MAX-metal with full color graphics.
posts type will use channel posts or 6''x6'' wood posts for ground installation.

Hope this info can help. :thumb:

SignManiac

Are your post holes being dug into sand, dirt, hard clay, asphalt, concrete. Are you setting in concrete?

rjssigns

Ballpark estimate here: $325 per sheet(3mm Omega) + $300 for frame + $200minimum for install + travel + miscellaneous(fasteners, glue, tape etc...)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you quoting this or have you already provided the job and now don;t know what to charge ??

Okay, SignManiac Go ahead, make my day! :Big Laugh

(3) Panels up between 4-5 posts
Fabricating a frame use a 2x4's to hold the face.
No concrete need if I use channel posts.
Printing full-color digital graphics on Orajet 3651 calendered vinyl (no paint)

Thanks. :smile:

tsgstl

I'll repeat

"good luck, most likely there is a company outside of Chicago charging around $200 a sheet. So if you are trying to "win" the bid you will need to be around $600 for the sign and $200 for the install. If that's worth it to you have at it"

ChicagoGraphics

All you need are 4x4 wood post if you go that route, 275 per panel, install would be around 400 to 500 that's about the going rate in your area

SignManiac

I've heard tell, that area of the country is known for it's wind. 96 s.f. can carry a pretty heavy wind load. I'd make sure those U-Channel posts are anchored pretty dam well.

Do you have a print ready file, or do you have to do the design and layout?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For a sign that size, channel posts will never hold in or outta cement.

You'll need 4pcs 4" x 4" posts or better would be 6" x 4" with 2" x 6" stringers. You know the height out of the ground you need, so you'll have to figure the lengths into the equation. They should be in 36" holes with footers and cemented to keep that wind-load from taking that sign into outer space.

Don't know your costs of things or operations much less what you can do in-house or not, so you're pretty much on your own for figuring it out, so like maniac said..... but we'd be higher at around $2,500 to $3,500 installed.... permits not included.