• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you collect

tsgstl

Nice to see so many old rippers are on this site. Props to you plus 40 dudes still kickin it.

I showed your collection to my buddy when I dropped off the decals. He "claims" to have been friends with him. He was extremely impressed with that framed piece. He went on and on about a SS series I think. And how they were done individually. Anyway you have a really nice collection.

Shadowglen

these are the actual riders in the Stable.

Attachments

• the tribe.jpg
    the tribe.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 84

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I have focused my efforts on a rather unique collection. Essentially, it is a box full of memorabilia of me, intended to be handed down to my grandchildren one day. Right now it's just a collection of stuff, but I need to sit down and write the back stories to each item and how it was significant.

I have tons of little things from my grandparents whom I never knew, and I'll never know the stories behind them. I can only wonder.

I first got the idea when I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-EEynSrD5s

JB

CP Signs

Not sure if it's a collection,,, but,,, cell phones, ipods, tablets,,,,,, tried them all and now my fun is to see how I can modify them. Tonight I got my HP Touchpad tablet to run on Android. Pretty sweet and works great. I have every ipod ever made, 3 iphones, lots of Android phones, 4 tablets,,,,,,,,,, ya,,, I know,, pretty sad.

Pat Whatley

Right now it's just a collection of stuff, but I need to sit down and write the back stories to each item and how it was significant.

Make sure you write it down. My grandmother had a steamer trunk in a bedroom of her house than nobody paid any attention to for 50 years. Five years after she passed away (house is still sitting just like she left it) my brother opened it just out of curiousity. It's packed full of her memories. There's a lot we can figure out and each one of us has found stuff in it that identifies with us personally but nobody else would understand. Half of the stuff, though, looks like complete junk since there's no back story for us.

Marlene

I have focused my efforts on a rather unique collection. Essentially, it is a box full of memorabilia of me, intended to be handed down to my grandchildren one day. Right now it's just a collection of stuff, but I need to sit down and write the back stories to each item and how it was significant.

I have tons of little things from my grandparents whom I never knew, and I'll never know the stories behind them. I can only wonder.

I first got the idea when I saw this video:

that is such a good idea. writing the stories is the most important as it bring life into an object and passes the memory on to the next generation. I have a note book that my grandmother had. she died young when my mom was only 14. all I have is a photo of her and being a farm wife in the 40's, she just looked grim and stern in that photo. in her notebook, she wrote down things she liked to cook and notes that were pretty everyday but in the margines she doodled. there are drawings of things and people and in those little drawings, I got a sense of who she was. write it down and id people in photos and makes some lasting memories to pass down. love the idea and think I'll start a box for my daughter and her son. thanks for posting it!

I have about 30 skateboard decks in my collection. The oldest is a Alva Craig Johnson from 1987. I also collect custom tattoo machines and have around 30 of those also. I have over 200 different beer bottles.

My girlfriend collects Pez. She has over 200 of them. She also collects antique Fiesta wear. I'd say she has around 50 pieces of that.

Caitlin

I like to collect souvenir shot glasses whenever I go somewhere or if someone I know goes somewhere. At one point I had a thought to try and make a map of them but have no idea how that would actually work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Went to my son's house for a visit and evening meal over the weekend. He made a lot of things, I'm not used to any more, so I've been collecting a lot of gas for two days. I've been trying to keep everyone I like in front of me since yesterday.

Caitlin

You and my roommate alike! I'll take a pic tonight....he's got tons.

Lots of fun taking shots out of them when we have parties although I'm pretty sure he cringes the whole time lol.

:toasting:

I bet I would be too. I don't use mine, and in fact I don't even have a shot glass in the cupboard I just have to eyeball my drinks :rolleyes:

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
:roflmao:
went to my son's house for a visit and evening meal over the weekend. He made a lot of things, i'm not used to any more, so i've been collecting a lot of gas for two days. I've been trying to keep everyone i like in front of me since yesterday.
:roflmao:

rjpjr

I collected 1/48th scale model kits, specifically fighter jets. I even built a few! I built them at competition level and even dedicated a spare bedroom to the craft. It included a 3' x 3' x 6' spray booth that lowered from the ceiling. WAY too much time invested. I ended up with more than one hundred unbuilt kits. I gave it up years ago when I realized the lost time and finances. It also created a tiny bit of marital stress. :banghead: What an idiot!! The kits have been stuffed in a LARGE closet and untouched for nearly a decade.

When I gave up collecting and building kits, I shifted my creative direction and took up landscaping. It got me back outdoors and reintroduced strenuous exercise which I desperately needed. Years later, landscaping feels like a big ball and chain as well. Actually, almost everything feels like a ball and chain now. Family time is my number joy and priority now. Speedsterbeast... I may get what you are saying!

Jillbeans

I'm at the stage in my life where I'm trying to get rid of things. In another lifetime I collected dolls.
Then I had kids and didn't care about dolls anymore.
I do still collect made in occupied Japan little porcelain colonial couples.
When one gets broken I find it a new mate. I once had a devastating loss when rearranging my bedroom, I still have one single.
Love....Jill
(these are just from Google)

Attachments

• japan.jpg
    japan.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 78
  • japan2.jpg
    japan2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 68
  • japan3.jpg
    japan3.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 72

tsgstl

sardocs

I guess I suffer from Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. It's terminal. I thought I could get a pic of 'em all but there's just too freekin' many. Here's a few that are laying around the "studio/jam room". I had to stitch a few photos together to fit 'em all in. I've got a few more acoustics upstairs along with my ShoBud S10 and some more lapsteels.

Attachments

• guitar mess.jpg
    guitar mess.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 94

Angela

I don't collect anything because as soon as people know you collect something, you never stop getting ugly cat figurines.