• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you print on when a client requests posters

gabagoo

In the past I found that trying to print on paper costs more than printing on vinyl, and I find that my solvent printer, prints better on vinyl. I usually use that but what if someone wants paper. Where are you sorcing it from?

unclebun

Buy solvent print poster paper. The kind we use is 6 mil, 45# Gloss photorealistic paper. It's 34 cents a square foot, which is less than calendared print film. Prints photorealistic just like its name.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
In the past I found that trying to print on paper costs more than printing on vinyl, and I find that my solvent printer, prints better on vinyl. I usually use that but what if someone wants paper. Where are you sorcing it from?

I honestly don't bother, those franchise office print stores (officeworks in australia) are just far cheaper.
I always have the cheapest of cheap blueback paper in stock and cheap coated paper, but that's for me to do test prints with. time to time i'll print a poster on on it for a client, but for what it's worth, i usually send them to officeworks.

De.signs Nanaimo

I outsource posters, I have a supplier that will do as low a quantity of twenty five 12" by 18" posters for about $40 including shipping on 100lb gloss, one hundred 24" by 36" for under $5 each. The labour for trimming is about that.

greysquirrel

As long as you use photo base paper for solvent printers you are good to go...there is a third party material we use called Diamond Digital...great photo base papers, (true gloss), roll up film for retractable and their backlit film is amazing...and inexpensive. Diversified Display Product out of NJ carries the line.

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
We use the HP Photorealistic Paper- we buy it from Grimco. We can use it on our HP R2000 or on the Canon Colorado (which prints beautifully). Sometimes if they want something a bit more substantial I will print to a 24 pt cardstock like Tango on the Flatbed. It just depends on what they need it for. We can throw it on the OCE colorwave if its something really chinsy. If your customer is trying to just squeeze you, send them to Vistaprint- You have staff to pay.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We source to a local printer, we simply can't beat their prices and we don't get enough requests to purchase a roll.

However, if it's a one-off poster or a really easy size we might throw it nested into one of our jobs if there's room in the margin. Or on waste vinyl. Maybe apply it to something thin around, or just give it to them as is, depending on what they're using it for/how temporary it is.

Bly

On the Epson we use coated eco sol paper. Yes it costs more than cheap vinyl.
We can use cheap uncoated paper on the Colorado, even bond paper for super cheap posters.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
On the Epson we use coated eco sol paper. Yes it costs more than cheap vinyl.
We can use cheap uncoated paper on the Colorado, even bond paper for super cheap posters.

have you tried the IJM801 on the Colorado? Prints great and is actually a cheap media from canon!

Bly

have you tried the IJM801 on the Colorado? Prints great and is actually a cheap media from canon!
Haven't tried that paper.
We're using Top Color uncoated from Canon. It's surprisingly cheap from Canon.
It's only 1067 wide but that's fine for most posters.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Haven't tried that paper.
We're using Top Color uncoated from Canon. It's surprisingly cheap from Canon.
It's only 1067 wide but that's fine for most posters.

We use that for our colorwave! The ijm801 is 130gsm silk and is around that price. One of the ones they claim they made specifically for the Colorado. 120m rolls too! Definitely worth a try.

unclebun

Whether you print them yourself or send them out depends on the quantity. If they want 250 24x36 posters, sure, send them out. My printer charges $558 plus shipping for them. But if they want 25 of them, the same printer charges $534 plus shipping. I'm pretty sure you will find it worthwhile to print small orders yourself, if the going wholesale rate is $25 each.

gabagoo

Thanks guys...it is one of my regular clients and the request is for one of their clients but there are 15 different files and the order could be 1 5 or 10 copies of any of the 15, so it is not something I want to outsource, especially during these times when I have more than enough time to print inhouse.