• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material would be best?

crny1

I make labels for my sisters bakery. She uses the 3 inch oval sticker to basically seal the cake box closed. I have always just used a cheap calendared vinyl but have realised that the customers may be fighting to tear the box open. Is there a adhesive paper media that would work for this? If so what about the cut contour? The only paper I have ever ran through my machines profile didnt allow cutting. I do have a graphtec, maybe that would cut a paper label? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Can you just run paper labels through a laser copier for something like this? I don't want to oversimplify it, but would that work?

Americal sells a ton of paper label blank stock for laser printers. Not to mention what you can find on Amazon.

crny1

I run batches of 5000 at a time. Not sure a laser copier would be cost effective in the long run?

Marlene

sub it out to a trade printer as suggested, I'll add Gill Studios to that list. you can get paper labels as roll stock which is much easier to use and store

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, what did you do with all the information when you asked this exact same question back in November ?? This thread resembles that one precisely almost down to the wording. Only the numbers have changed.

Do you think things have changed in 6 months ??

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
So, what did you do with all the information when you asked this exact same question back in November ?? This thread resembles that one precisely almost down to the wording. Only the numbers have changed.

Do you think things have changed in 6 months ??

Different people see the thread, new answers.
I dont see the point of flaming this guy for asking twice. People forget. some may not know how to find their old posts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I didn't think I was flaming him/her. I was merely stating some facts. The same thread was put up 6 months ago and the OP didn't seem to like the answers at that time either. This time, the same attitude is coming forth, so I wondered if they thought something might've changed since then.

As for the answers, they're almost the same, too, so no one is gonna learn anything. I just can't believe how people can ask the same questions week in and week out, but when the same person asks the exact same question a short time later..... what are they thinking is gonna change ??

Johnny Best

I buy roll paper adhesive stickers by the thousands from Stouse, tried to do them myself but it is more cost effective to outsource them. Just send the artwork, they get deliveried all on a roll and finished. Give the artwork to your sister and she can ge and pay for them herself.
Then you won't have to repost this old story and Gino can put the flame thrower down.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I didn't think I was flaming him/her. I was merely stating some facts. The same thread was put up 6 months ago and the OP didn't seem to like the answers at that time either. This time, the same attitude is coming forth, so I wondered if they thought something might've changed since then.

As for the answers, they're almost the same, too, so no one is gonna learn anything. I just can't believe how people can ask the same questions week in and week out, but when the same person asks the exact same question a short time later..... what are they thinking is gonna change ??

No disrespect, But lately i'm finding a lot of people posting basic questions, but obviously questions they don't know the answer to which is why they ask. Which i don't have a problem with as I've been in the same boat on many forums. Larger and smaller than this one. But on some of those posts, i see you (and a few others) some what negatively criticising the question or a post that doesn't answer the OPs question. Forums are to help people out when they need help on the specific subject, It's a place where with the same hobby/projects/businesses ect come together to help one and other or seek advice.
IMO help the OP or don't post on the thread
There's nothing more i hate when someone posts a thread and their questions aren't answered, but instead told to do a search or everyone just shit posting on the thread - That's not a community.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No disrespect, But lately i'm finding a lot of people posting basic questions, but obviously questions they don't know the answer to which is why they ask. Which i don't have a problem with as I've been in the same boat on many forums. Larger and smaller than this one. But on some of those posts, i see you (and a few others) some what negatively criticising the question or a post that doesn't answer the OPs question. Forums are to help people out when they need help on the specific subject, It's a place where with the same hobby/projects/businesses ect come together to help one and other or seek advice.
There's nothing more i hate when someone posts a thread and their questions aren't answered, but instead told to do a search or everyone just **** posting on the thread - That's not a community.

Wow..... way to go to derail a thread for someone you say is looking for help.

Your intervention does nothing at all to help this OP either. However, your flaming me helps this person somehow.... some way ??

You gotta a beef with me or these others who are negatively posting, why not take it up with me/them, instead of ruining this guys's thread ?? Why not start your own thread and complain about me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. I gave my 2 cents and thought this was a useless thread, but you've proven me wrong. You wanna save this person so he/she doesn't hafta look any further for something which was answered 6 months ago..... and for that, I get scolded ??

Then, you go on to tell me how forums work ?? Then you go further and tell me how I'm supposed to answer people.

THEN, you go onto to tell me what you hate...... ?? Who the f*ck died and left you in charge of administrative policies ?? You sound like a frickin' politician, but being from Australia, ya aren't one from around here, but ya got the same qualities.

So, now that I know what burns your a$$ and gets you all fired up.... wanna hear what burns my can besides 4' flames ??

No disrespect taken, seriously. I'm sure you have your good moments, but like you said, it's a forum for hobbyists and lately I see very little of professionals, so suffice it to say, they take what they bring. Starting somewhere...... ?? Good for them. If they can't remember what they said 6 months ago to an obviously perplexing question, then perhaps they are in wa-a-a-ay over their heads and should look for a job as an elevator attendant or someone handing out towels at a sun tanning salon.​

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Wow..... way to go to derail a thread for someone you say is looking for help.

Your intervention does nothing at all to help this OP either. However, your flaming me helps this person somehow.... some way ??

You gotta a beef with me or these others who are negatively posting, why not take it up with me/them, instead of ruining this guys's thread ?? Why not start your own thread and complain about me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. I gave my 2 cents and thought this was a useless thread, but you've proven me wrong. You wanna save this person so he/she doesn't hafta look any further for something which was answered 6 months ago..... and for that, I get scolded ??

Then, you go on to tell me how forums work ?? Then you go further and tell me how I'm supposed to answer people.

THEN, you go onto to tell me what you hate...... ?? Who the f*ck died and left you in charge of administrative policies ?? You sound like a frickin' politician, but being from Australia, ya aren't one from around here, but ya got the same qualities.

So, now that I know what burns your a$$ and gets you all fired up.... wanna hear what burns my can besides 4' flames ??

No disrespect taken, seriously. I'm sure you have your good moments, but like you said, it's a forum for hobbyists and lately I see very little of professionals, so suffice it to say, they take what they bring. Starting somewhere...... ?? Good for them. If they can't remember what they said 6 months ago to an obviously perplexing question, then perhaps they are in wa-a-a-ay over their heads and should look for a job as an elevator attendant or someone handing out towels at a sun tanning salon.​

;)
But i've given my answer to the OPs question. he/she can take or it leave it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
;)
But i've given my answer to the OPs question. he/she can take or it leave it.

Yes, you did..... and for the food industry, your opinion isn't very good..... or at least not normal for the scope of the product needed. Again, yours was an opinion, not a true tried product. Was it ?? Just an emotional outburst.

On the other hand, my 2 answers from the first go around 6 months ago are what they need to do and not only did I say it, but so did all, but one other person say almost the same thing..... yet this OP comes back and asks all the same questions over again. So, I ask you once again Pauly...... what needs to happen to someone like this ?? They cannot retain what they learned just a short while ago..... and they insist on looking for something that's not really possible for them at this point in their career.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes, you did..... and for the food industry, your opinion isn't very good..... or at least not normal for the scope of the product needed. Again, yours was an opinion, not a true tried product. Was it ?? Just an emotional outburst.

On the other hand, my 2 answers from the first go around 6 months ago are what they need to do and not only did I say it, but so did all, but one other person say almost the same thing..... yet this OP comes back and asks all the same questions over again. So, I ask you once again Pauly...... what needs to happen to someone like this ?? They cannot retain what they learned just a short while ago..... and they insist on looking for something that's not really possible for them at this point in their career.

If she is using to close a cake box, and someone wants to open it, take a bite and close it. the paper sticker probably wont be reusable, where something like a low tac vinyl can or similar. It's a discussion to be had with who ever the OP uses as a supplier for food grade products.
That's what i'd be doing if i needed some magic product that needs to seal a cardboard box which i can print on.

If the OP has posted it once and for what ever reason posted it twice. so be it. Maybe he thought this was another forum from all the changes. maybe he thought he originally posted on signs102 or something.

gabagoo

I'm with Gino on this...I remember the question about 6 months ago too. I'm not sure why Gino got all fired up...I figure the OP does not know how to search through his own threads

crny1

Honestly I am fully aware that I asked it 6 months ago. And for the record I am not aware how to search through my own threads to find it. For some reason I thought someone had provided me with product that I thought would work at the time. I never pursued it further back then because she didnt need any more until now. Sure I could have figured out how to find that thread with some work but like someone else stated, New people have joined or just viewed the thread this time around. Its not that I didnt like the answers, hell I am grateful for any and all answers.
Who cares how many times someone asks a question or how "basic" it may be. Everyone was new or green in the begining and has the right to ask at any point if they are a member of the forum. Nothing says you have to have X amount of experience before posting on here so you dont ask a dumb question. Its not like helping people on this forum is going to make them masters of this trade and run you out of work. Snide comments tend to turn people away from posting or adding knowledge to the forum community in fear of someone trying to make them feel stupid or unwanted. Gino either you have REALLY good memory or you have alot of time on your hands to search through threads to see if someone has already asked the question before. Lighten up alittle and enjoy life. Its not like I am going to steal any food off your table.....
Geesh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, didn't get all fired over this particular thread or person. Don't even care if this person learns or not. However, this person did hit on something. He said, who cares how many times someone asks the same thing or not ?? Gotta start somewhere and so on.

Now, that's the whole point. How many real sign people have left this site, because this place has become nothing but air-headed questions and attitudes ?? Who wants to answer the same dumb questions every coupla weeks ?? No one asks anything except how to get out of a jam or cut some stupid corner. If someone can't learn on their own, how are any of you gonna help someone who doesn't know how to help themselves ?? Like the blind leading the blind. You're not teaching anyone anything, if you just serve up dumb answers without the OP at least doing something for him/herself. No one will ever learn, if they don't participate.

Remember in school, the kid who always came in late and copied his homework from someone else ?? They never learned, did they ?? How is this any different ?? Soon this place won't be s101, but Signs for Dummies.

Is that what y'all really want ??

crny1

Just because there are the same dumb questions every couple of weeks does not mean you have to comment on it. Just ignore it and move on about your day. These comments and threads that get derailed for nor real reason is what will make it signs for dummies...........................

DerbyCitySignGuy

There's nothing more i hate when someone posts a thread and their questions aren't answered, but instead told to do a search or everyone just **** posting on the thread - That's not a community.

You're not the only person that's noticed. I haven't been around here as much the last few months for that very reason. The community has gotten more toxic since I joined. There are a couple of repeat offenders. Padding post count? Know-it-all? Who knows, but I don't feel like getting into multi-page arguments every time somebody asks a question that the self-appointed sign experts don't agree with.

Unless a person has "moderator" somewhere on their profile page, why not just take crnyl's advice and butt out?

Last edited: