• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should this be priced at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKADesigns

What do you think this should be priced at? I put this one together in about 3 hours, had a bunch of problems and it's the first one I've done by cutting each color on one sheet and putting it together. It's a 4 color basically. I know there's gaps and it's not perfect... please disregard those errors in your reply- I'm wondering where I should price it for one that's done perfectly.

I am thinking about pricing them at $50 for a 2 color (vinyl plus substrate) but this one is a 4 color, so not sure what I should charge for it. Thank you very much for your opinions!

Attachments

• barn quilt.jpg
    barn quilt.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 160

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not sure what you are asking.
What are you marketing here?
Artistic ability?
Square foot charge for cut vinyl on coro for signage?
Don't think you will be able to get $50.00 for something like that but maybe that will change if you explain a little better what you are doing.

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

$50 seems awfully cheap for three hours of work and all that vinyl. You should be able to knock that out, setup, cutting, and installation in less than an hour for one....doing five at a time would only be a minimal time increase. Assuming it's about 2'x2', 4 color, including setup, one hour production, you should be close to $100 minimum. Knocking out five at a time around $65.

Doing them with good digital prints would be much cheaper and easier and ultimately give better results.

If you're doing these as art or decorative projects I would STRONGLY recommend putting them on 6mm PVC or acrylic instead of coro. Your cost increase will be minimal and it will have a much nicer look to it. If you do them digitally (for decorative purposes) have them laminated with a satin or flat finish so you don't end up with that awful glare.

ProWraps

a hit of acid and $10. maybe throw in a ticket to burning man, and an old fashioned.

but then again this belongs in the premium section.

Jillbeans

I'm sorry but I wouldn't take that thing as a gift.
Might go over big in the quilting community or amongst the Amish if it were not on coro, bubble-free, and properly aligned.
You would be better off subbing that out to a printer on this site, and not using coro, as Pat suggested.
You could map it out by hand and paint it on good quality plywood, or even rough it onto a background made of old pallets, but even then it would still not be worth $50.
Love....Jill

John Butto

You adhere that to a lazy susan and spin it real fast and they use it to stop you from smoking. Price with the lazy susan: $25

SignManiac

Lawn guy you have balls, I'll give you that. You're pretty brave to ask for critique amongst the regulars here knowing full well they won't hold back. Either you have very thick skin and can handle it, (good thing if you want to improve) or you are sadomasochistic at heart.

Although what you have designed isn't technically a sign, it might get rave reviews over at www.devianart.com

The only sign related advice I can give you is work on your application technique. Bubbles are never flattering unless they are the only thing a hot stripper is wearing...

CheapVehicleWrap

I have to disagree about the bubbles. I want mine with the bubbles. That way each piece will be unique and permanently trap air from South Dakota. It will also pad the parcel to prevent damage during shipping ensuring my artwork arrives undamaged.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
+1 to what pat said.

3 hours is a LOONNGGG time for that one thing. I can do 2 complete rigs in that time by myself ('design' time, cutting, weeding, masking & removal of old graphics and install of new included) in that time.

cut your time down, do things a little more error free, design out the graphics a little better (less white gaps if you make sure the color you put down first covers the spot the other colors will go on top of.) and use better materials (cintra, gatorfoam, aluminum, mdo ... doesn't matter ... it's all better than coroplast)

also 'software does not a designer make' ... look up some design tutorials and stuff.

signswi

There's no point to this thing. Quilters are going to hate it because it's just some plastic on some plastic, when quilting is about fabric, and anyone else won't appreciate the time invested versus just printing the damn thing. Plus the colors are horrendous.

Looks like a fun project for a 2nd(?) grade math class or something though (teaching shapes & angles).

Status
Not open for further replies.