• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to do with equipment

Salagra

Hello,
We have a Mutoh 628X that has recently started giving us a few problems. It was working fine and then it was not. We replaced a few parts that we thought it might be, but it is still giving errors. That stated, we planned on getting rid of this machine anyway and I would like to know any thoughts of the best ways to do so for a machine that probably needs a few parts/tech to look at it. Obviously we will list it somewhere in "AS is Condition" , but as stated, we don't know what is wrong with it, but it was working just fine and then it error-ed. Any suggestions on the best way to get rid of equipment.
Thanks and Please let me know if this is posted in the wrong forum.

FatCat

Any printer can still have value either to someone starting out that doesn't mind taking a gamble and investing more sweat equity than money, or possibly as a parts machine for someone who has the same machine and needs a good main board, etc. List it up on ebay or Craigslist or even your local Facebook marketplace...never know who might be looking.

Superior_Adam

Tear it apart and scrap the metal and keep the base to make a moving cart or table. We scrapped out an old Mutoh and Mimaki eco-solvent printers and got about $500.

pinkiss

Put it out front and put a sign on it that says "FREE".
geez your attitude on any topic just sucks i swear some top posters here have some god like stupidity mindset complex, youd imagine people would provide proper advise not some fucking im better then you snarky attitude.

im newbie in the industry but for every proper response ive gotten shit thrown on to me without some not even reading entire post from major contributors.

Simple advise as put it on craigslist and outline issues would been sufficed, someone who would be into troubleshooting electrical faults might pinpoint the issue and get it fixed

Billct2

I sold some useless to me HP printers for a couple hundred bucks on Craigslist. One guy bought one to try to get going for his sister who was studying architecture, the other to a guy who wanted to do art prints.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
geez your attitude on any topic just sucks i swear some top posters here have some god like stupidity mindset complex, youd imagine people would provide proper advise not some ****ing im better then you snarky attitude.

im newbie in the industry but for every proper response ive gotten **** thrown on to me without some not even reading entire post from major contributors.

Simple advise as put it on craigslist and outline issues would been sufficed, someone who would be into troubleshooting electrical faults might pinpoint the issue and get it fixed

I am not trying to be liked by you or anyone else. Perhaps, you are in the wrong forum. In most cases, the OP hands out information and I respond to the best of my ability, based upon their input. If you don't like it, that's fine with me. However, calling me out, just to be argumentative, is what I think you are complaining about. Is this another pot vs black problem..... or maybe it's the language barrier ?? Anyway, what do your problems of people not reading your posts have to do with this thread or for that fact, with me ?? You just wanna complain, I guess. Gripe away, newbie pink. :thumb:

pinkiss

yeah thanks Gino for award, wasn't directly meant at you but seems this forum/site has quite few toxic people, not sure why but some as pointed seem so angry and hateful that they have nothing better to do then mock you, some sad people really.

sorry OP for bursting in your thread.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
yeah thanks Gino for award, wasn't directly meant at you but seems this forum/site has quite few toxic people, not sure why but some as pointed seem so angry and hateful that they have nothing better to do then mock you, some sad people really.

sorry OP for bursting in your thread.

Now wait a minute, pink. You quoted me and called me out. How is that not directed towards me ?? Sure, you allude to others doing it, but YOU made this about me, so you can stop your back-pedaling already.

Anyway, too late not to ruin this guy's thread, you already did that.

hateful that they have nothing better to do then mock you..... out of your mouth. What you're complaining about, is that not what you just did..... AGAIN ??

Ya see, pink, if you really wanted to get your point across, you'd do it in your own thread, instead of wasting bandwidth, here. :banghead:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
geez your attitude on any topic just sucks i swear some top posters here have some god like stupidity mindset complex, youd imagine people would provide proper advise not some ****ing im better then you snarky attitude.

im newbie in the industry but for every proper response ive gotten **** thrown on to me without some not even reading entire post from major contributors.

WOW....LOL. Gino gave a legitimate, direct, good advice answer. What is all this nonsense about?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A VJ628 is not some old machine that isn't worth anything. Not sure why people are telling you to junk it. I see people buy 20 year old machines for $1000 all the time! This machine is a current model and the head alone, in working condition, is worth $$$$. The going rate for a tech is about $140 per hour plus parts. Sometimes if you bring it in to your local dealer instead of them having to come to you, they will diagnose it for free and you can get an idea of what the cost to fix is going to be and then figure a selling price from there. If the head is shot, it's worth about as far as you can throw it but it's worth a shot. If it's something simple like a damper or cap top, it's worth at least $2000.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Someone let the children out again. Always lovely to read such "adult" and "professional" discourse.

So, this accusation makes you an adult ?? You can't very much be an adult yourself.... Sheriff Asuma You know what they say about assume................

I have no problem, being labeled a child at my age, do you ??