• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what to do?

Signed Out

Here is a sign we are doing for a customer. Just a simple sign on diabond that they will be installing. I'm okay with the layout but the border I need some help on I have drawn up a bunch of different ideas but hate them all.

Attachments

• wilton sign.jpg
    wilton sign.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 99

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your border is far too dark and noticeable. For signs such as this, you usually take the lightest color [the tops of 'Wilton'] and incorporate that into your border with maybe a little accent on it. Borders for the most part should not be at all a focal point unless you're carving or sandblasting, then you can make them bolder in design and color, because generally.... your main copy will be more decorative, thus still retaining the main focal point title.

SignManiac

To me it just looks like a business card. I don't like the way the type is set at the bottom. I would set the secondary copy on a reverse panel in white on a burgundy background, just a solid rectangle would work.

Also the name does not have to be as large as you have it. Give it some breathing room...

Attachments

• WILTON.jpg
    WILTON.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 81

stephenj148

The type on the bottom explaining what the company does could use some work. Seems a bit too much, too big and competes with the logo and "truck service" and the phone number.

Maybe try to use the same font as the phone number, in a light form. and make it a bit smaller.

Marlene

the outline on truck center just makes it way to complex. it would look better is you knocked off the shapes and made it a box instead like an underline. the what they do is confusing at best as there is just so much. maybe pick apart the list some so that so that it has the company name and under that "heavy duty towing & recovery" then the other serivces followed by the 24 hr and number. the border really isn't adding to the layout. having a reversed panel as suggested would help break up the copy.

GRAFIKWORX

I would put the sub copy in the middle and the 24 hour / phone at the bottom , to create better negative space..