• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge? (BUS WRAP)

401Graphics

554 sq feet total for a FULL wrap on this old party bus.
What would you charge using high end 3M wrap vinyl and lam, and also what would you charge if you used a lower cost vinyl like or oracal 3551RA (if you have any other cheaper vinyl suggestions that would work for this application please let me know)
I quoted the customer $7200 (using 3M)
I get a email back saying they got a quote from another place for 4500-$5000

So is my price way too high or what?
This wrap is for a political campaign that will be used only til November.
I have the bus on my property right now and they are about to take it way if I dont give them a better price.

It wont let me upload the pic of the bus on here for some reason.

401Graphics

here is the bus

Attachments

• DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 100

HulkSmash

for that short term, i'd use general formulations Automark concept 230.
half the price as 3m, and will be perfect for the install.

5k seems reachable with this stuff

401Graphics

I would love auto mark. Anybody know where i can get it in 48 or 50 wide rolls, or a distributor that has a slitter?
Unfortunately I'm limited on vinyl choices due to owning a Mutoh 1204 printer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup for that short term automark or busmark would be fine and could get it close to the price they want.

g&eprinting

54 fits in my 1204 pull the end caps off and put just the bar back then slack the vinyl 2 inches from floor but you do have to keep giving it slack.

Chop the roll with a saw

Another way is I use one of the long rollers from my plotter and put it behind the printer set up on cinderblocks.
I know pretty ghetto.

I will be making a shelf soon with 5 or 6 bars across so all media is ready on rollers no more changing out.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
yes but Fellers has a slitting service if I remember correctly. Call them and just ask a human.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't chop it. Even if you wrap the roll tightly to avoid fraying edges and use a high tooth count blade it may not be smooth enough to go through the printer without issue. Slitting is the best and safest option.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd also not bother laminating it. No need for that short of a term. Also make sure you at least get a deposit to cover your costs..... I've had political stuff more than once try to jerk us around on payment. Campaign funds run low all the time.

401Graphics

54 fits in my 1204 pull the end caps off and put just the bar back then slack the vinyl 2 inches from floor but you do have to keep giving it slack.
Damn! Looks like you're right! I will have to try that! Thats pretty damn cool! Thanks for that info! :U Rock:

401Graphics

I'd also not bother laminating it. No need for that short of a term. Also make sure you at least get a deposit to cover your costs..... I've had political stuff more than once try to jerk us around on payment. Campaign funds run low all the time.
Do you think not laminating it will make it harder to handle, in other words the vinyl will be more flimsy and cause me problems installing it?
Yea i hear you on getting deposits, I always make sure I get my costs covered before I start anything. I also got a 5000 piece order of double sided yard signs that I will be outsourcing to an awesome merchant member.

g&eprinting

I wouldn't lam that either, if you need help call me I'll be right there.

We'll trade I need you for another job. 8 50' tankers.

Is that an even trade / lol