• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge? (BUS WRAP)

HulkSmash

I wouldn't lam that either, if you need help call me I'll be right there.

We'll trade I need you for another job. 8 50' tankers.

Is that an even trade / lol

If you don't laminate it, you WILL tear it during install....

I wish people would stop giving tips like this..

g&eprinting

No worries, I've applied outside in the snow where you can't even feel your fingers

nevermind get the temp right on the vinyl. Post heat very generous.

On a short term wrap that was supposed to be for 6 months and they left it on for 6

years and now you can see it fading. 6 years later no lam. freezing install.

I walked 30 miles to school in the snow with no shoes. yaddy yaddy ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOXpyhM2wA

HulkSmash

No worries, I've applied outside in the snow where you can't even feel your fingers

On a short term wrap that was supposed to be for 6 months and they left it on for 6

Congrats?

HulkSmash

I really don't understand why you're flaunting the way you did your wrap.
"Hey guys i did this wrong, but....... it worked, try it?"

I like repeat customers..so we'll keep doing what we do.. it seems like it's working

401Graphics

Anyways... Will 210 work well with wrapping this bus? I know I'm def going to use lam because i have tried to wrap something small with 3951RA with out lam and it was a pain in the *** to handle.

g&eprinting

Don't be butthurt. I'm just playing.

Customer wanted a wrap on a van with a bad transmission that was just going to be a billboard since the van wouldn't move and he was going to scrap it in 6 months.

Fixed the transmission and rode it for six years. He was looking for the cheapest option and I gave it to him. He was very happy. Imagine how happy he was when it lasted six years.

I've done a ton of short termers with no lam. Yes it is a little harder, not that dramatic.

Imagine how good you'll be able to wrap after all that practice with no lam.

CanuckSigns

Would 210 be conformable enough for this?

No it's not, get the Automark laminate, or go with Busmark, it's nice and thick, so no laminate needed.

on a side note, for the price, Automark is a great material, it's not as conformable as a true cast vinyl, but it's better than any other calendered vinyl i've used, including 3551RA

CS-SignSupply-TT

Gf automark?

I would love auto mark. Anybody know where i can get it in 48 or 50 wide rolls, or a distributor that has a slitter?
Unfortunately I'm limited on vinyl choices due to owning a Mutoh 1204 printer.

So how many rolls of GF Automark may I order for you/ Say the word and we will get you printing!

kstompaint

Oracal 200 lam is similar to 210 and a little cheaper. Not very conformable but it doesn't need to be for that job. Use that with the automark knock off, it'll be fine for that short of a term. I'd still have a hard time getting below $5500 but if you need the work, do it for $5k.

Intense01

Would 210 be conformable enough for this?

I wrapped a Mazda with matte 210 lam over black and it was fine. I didn't have any issues with it conforming. 2 years later the roof is starting to look like beat but he knew that going in. It was a friends car and he wanted it for cheap. I normally only use cast lam for wraps but it worked.

401Graphics

has anybody used the automark 231 laminate? Turns out i have that laminate here in my shop, but don't use it because it wouldn't feed through my laminator perfectly and end up eating prints. Also the description in fellers and on signwarehouse say that it is optically clear laminate, which is total Bull crap!

has anybody else had issues with this laminate?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I guess when I said we would not bother laminating this that I've never tried the Automark and that even with busmark you would want to at least have app tape on it for dealing with panels this large. Bare printed vinyl would not really be workable. The automark does look decent though since its glossy and has an air release adhesive.

g&eprinting

Colorado is right. :(...... The only reason I would lam is because it is a bus and trees.

If it was a van I'd give them the option since it's in my yard already and they are hunting prices trying to be cheapo.... No warranty. Then the option might get them back to my original price.

You win I shot my eye out.

Damn customers though..

Colorado. I submit.