• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's in store for 2014... NO RESOLUTIONS

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
This year was not a bad year if you don't count quitting a very
well paying job and losing a bonus of a lifetime.

During the shock of quitting, Gigi allowed me to come over
and co-work. Except for a few car accidents, cancer scare,
2 stolen laptops and iPad, a super expensive speeding ticket,
broken iPhones, it's been great. I mean it's not all bad, we
have munchies, super long lunches, Breaking Bad Marathons,
field trips, and endless banter so it has been fun. We decided
to team up and now are partners in an evolving venture. So
far we have been on the east coast, San Francisco, all over
the LA/OC area surveying signs, designing and drafting.

We are doing an event this month and wanted to participate
more here, so why not show our booth and graphics. We are
leaning more toward a design/ad agency than sign shop,
but I'm working toward getting my electrical sign contractors
license just in case. We are still a little shy so no logos
or info.

We work hard, but make sure there's time for fun, especially when
we're out of the office, although, Gigi finds distractions everywhere
and has to touch or climb on everything. She usually gets away with it.
I thought for sure the dealer was going to chase her off a bike the
was "NOT FOR SALE" but they didn't.Although that wasn't the case with
a very expensive antique bike, some poor sod at the bike shop begged
and pleaded that she get off it.. I was only able to get a shot of the bike
after we ran off. She may get us into trouble one day. She has a
thing for tools, pretty sad that she has more tools than me.
There is a pic of us and Josh from Awthentik- great shop, great guy!
We are hoping to meet more 101ers this year.

Attachments

• BOTH.jpg
    BOTH.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 51
  • BOOTH PANEL.jpg
    BOOTH PANEL.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 57
  • PORTFOLIO.jpg
    PORTFOLIO.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 63
  • photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 70
  • photo-17.jpg
    photo-17.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 65
  • photo-18.jpg
    photo-18.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 52
  • photo-19.jpg
    photo-19.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 58
  • photo-20.jpg
    photo-20.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 945459_643974978963690_2040747570_n.jpg
    945459_643974978963690_2040747570_n.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Biker Scout

I too have evolved into a design studio, branding and advertising. ecomouse.org It's way more fun. I get to pick and choose my clients. I spend more time doing nothing, while still getting paid to do it. (Thanks to well written retainer agreements)

I have decided that I don't need resolutions anymore. They seem to imply failure. Instead I now live my life by design, with intent and purpose. I can attract anything I want, ever since I've started dabbling in the Laws of Attraction and turning that dabbling into a mastery of sorts!

New life adventures are fun and I think that's what makes life worth living. (That and true love of course) Take every opportunity that comes your way, and you may end up surprised as to where that might take you. Be open, honest, loving and free and I don't think there is a challenge that you cannot overcome!

Happy New Year!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
If you're not having fun in life, life isn't fun.

Or you could walk around life being a donkey, like Addie.

visual800

This year is gonna be better I hope. A couple years back i vowed to stop rush jobs and no more foreigners, I stayed true on both and will continue that.

this year its time to raise prices again and no more, ABSOLUTELY NO MORE BS FOR FRIENDS, you know the irritating cartag, or the mailbox design......nothing but stress!
that is this years resolution

Craig Sjoquist

Since I am thankful to be alive so far & lucky to get some work here & there my goals are really one step at a time & are small in comparison with 99% of yawl.

But I can be of help in this line ..If you see gold start going up & getting over $2,000 a oz be prepared for rapid inflation in about 6 months after... the higher it goes the worst it will be & expected to hit maybe as high as $7,000+ ..2014 will be a interesting year indeed.

binki

We hired 2 new people in November. We are still growing so we are looking forward to getting more work out the door. We will be at both ISS (Long Beach) and NBM (Los Angeles) at the expo on the last day for each to see our vendors and maybe look at new equipment although we just purchased a versacamm in August so no real hope of a purchase at least until the summer.

Good deal on your adventures.

Locals Find!

2014 will be the year I turn 35 and it's time to make some more life changes. Hopefully, for the better.

I will be closing the chapter on Adtechia this year. Hopefully, I will have all the loose ends tied up by the 2nd quarter. Plan on moving away from doing anything in this industry. It's just not fun anymore. I never had the talent to compete with the big shops and making real estate signs well, has just lost it's appeal.

Have a few projects I been dabbling with over the last 2 years I am going to focus more on. Improving them for the actual marketplace they just aren't quite ready yet.

I will be returning here in a few months hopefully as a Merchant Member to showcase my products.

rcook99

My resolution is that you 2 better make it to the North East but this time come a little farther north to visit or maybe I'll have to make a trip out west. I have never been west of the Mississippi. I wish you and GiGi the best in 2014 with a lot of fun and not so many items being stolen.:omg:

Rick

kinda why I mentioned on the thread title.. no resolutions, though, there is nothing wrong with them I guess...

GypsyGraphics

This year was not a bad year if you don't count quitting a very well paying job and losing a bonus of a lifetime. During the shock of quitting, Gigi allowed me to come overand co-work. Except for a few car accidents, cancer scare, 2 stolen laptops and iPad, a super expensive speeding ticket,
broken iPhones, it's been great...

as i was reading that... the 12 Days of Christmas tune was playing in my head :ROFLMAO:

and it got me thinking it would be fun to read other peoples version of a year in song.

here's a few of our shop highlights

12 hour work days
11 sign surveys
10 hat photo ops
9 trips to Zankou
8 longterm projects
7 fired PITAs
6 office parties
fiiiiiiiive oooooo O-rings!
4 smashed up cars
3 stolen computers
2 broken iPhones
aaaand a sock monkey sipping starbuck's coffeeeeeeee!

Rick

as i was reading that... the 12 Days of Christmas tune was playing in my head :ROFLMAO:

and it got me thinking it would be fun to read other peoples version of a year in song.

here's a few of our shop highlights

12 hour work days
11 sign surveys
10 hat photo ops
9 trips to Zankou
8 longterm projects
7 fired PITAs
6 office parties
fiiiiiiiive oooooo O-rings!
4 smashed up cars
3 stolen computers
2 broken iPhones
aaaand a sock monkey sipping starbuck's coffeeeeeeee!

I want Zankou!
Will that mess up the song?

petepaz

we came back from our holiday shut down and had to jump out running. it was busy when we shut down and luckily only had to work two days during vacation but since we are back it's been nuts and of course everyone is in a hurry. i am happy to be busy so not going to complain. we did lose one guy in fabrication and i think we are losing a silk screener so they will have to be replaced. other than that 2014 look like it we be good (anything can change at any time) we are focused and moving forward hard. my only set back will be getting back surgery. looks like the new year brings tidings of surgery but according to the dr's should be no problem. endoscopic discectomy. same day surgery out of work for 1-2 days(usually) then 6 weeks i can't lift over 10lbs (gino now would be a good time for you to beat me at arm wrestling but i think i can still take you at pool, cheating included...haha) fingers crossed. wish everyone else a busy new year minus the surgery :toasting: