• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I find aluminum sign blanks

tmays

of course i knew it... i was simply asking if anyone had a good source for sign blanks... why would I cheat.. cheat what?

tmays

that's obvious. But why did Chandler need to send you a video?
I ask my Chinese sources to send videos of the products.. I want to make sure that things dont ge lost in translation... we communicate via Wechat
If you want an introdcution to a good sourcing agent in China... happy to introduce you to him... he can usually find me anything I want...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I am pretty sure that .6mm is .024, not .040
Indeed
1675373715155.png

tmays

You said you ordered them before? That would be your sample?
To be clear... Any time I order anything from China... I always get a samples... Usually the samples are free - but you just have to pay for shipping... If you order finished products from a new vendor - I suggest you use an inspection company... I use a company called V- trust. Those inspections can vary in price depending on what you want them to do...

Hoze

I am looking for bulk quantities of aluminum sign blanks - Can anyone recommend a good US supplier?
10 x 7
10 x 8
12 x 8
0.40 gauge
Rounded edges
White
I might be able to help, were I work, we carry silver and brushed aluminum and sign white 0.030, 0.040 and up, I'm in NJ

I am looking for bulk quantities of aluminum sign blanks - Can anyone recommend a good US supplier?
10 x 7
10 x 8
12 x 8
0.40 gauge
Rounded edges
White
Long time ago I used Wrisco. Check them out. They were slow but the prices were great. Can't remember if they radius corners.

candice316

I buy my blanks from N. Glantz. In the past, when I've bought from Grimco custom cut, they were saw cut and jagged. I had to return them. Grimco's pre-cut sign blanks, however, are generally priced well.

ikarasu

What do you guys use .040 for?

Over here...we only use .040 for license plates - all signage is made out of .081. 040 seems very thin, I cant imagine making even a parking sign out of it... Alupanel is more ridged.

Does your Grimco list who their supplier is? Under "Brand" over here, they list their supplier - Samuel is a big metal company... Who we can buy direct from. So over here, you can contact samuel and buy direct... They ship the aluminum to aMetal fab shop, then sheer it / drill it for you for a bit of a mark up - 99% of the time its at least 30-40% cheaper than buying diredctly from grimco. Now this only works if youre buying hundreds of blanks - they wont touch your order if youre trying to buy a few sheets off of them.

1681010799480.png

Attachments

• 1681010675210.png
    1681010675210.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 40