• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I find aluminum sign blanks

ikarasu

I'm guessing by rounded edges you mean rounded corners? Never seen a round edge...

But 99% of our aluminum gets rounded corners.... Aluminum corners are sharp!

Cutting aluminum and rounding corners is time consuming. If you want cheap, you buy from China. If you want fast, you buy from a us supplier - careful with the Chinese suppliers though, not all aluminum is made equally... We have a local shop who does road signs, they buy their blanks from China while we buy from a local supplier (who buys from China, but they have a known supplier and when we have quality issues like the metal is all warped... They take it back and deal with it, it's happened twice in like a year with the current COVID / supply situation). 8mahing buying a 10k skid of aluminum from China and it shows up all warped and unusable. Good luck getting your money back...

netsol

They have a Grimco in Miami and Fort Lauderdale Honey.
i can't blame him for thinking that some of grimco's pricing is criminal...
(ok i am VERY CHEAP)
i am glad we have grimco, but i don't blame him for thinking he should be able to do better. in order to do quantity pricing & pass on
"economy of scale" to your customer, you need to see it reflected in the prices you pay

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Buy a corner rounder. Unless you're screen printing, it's not very efficient to make small signs in any sort of quantity on blanks.
Edit, maybe on a flatbed? If you don't know where to get blanks it is doubtful that you're direct printing

JBurton

Signtologist
Eastern Metal Supply has a location in Florida, they sell me quantities of 100, but they outsource so it may be marked up.

ikarasu

Buy a corner rounder. Unless you're screen printing, it's not very efficient to make small signs in any sort of quantity on blanks.
Edit, maybe on a flatbed? If you don't know where to get blanks it is doubtful that you're direct printing
There are ways you can do it efficiently!

A city we do work for needed 19,000 street blades made... 6" x 12 / 14 / 20". They had to be graphtec cut reflective though, to match their previous ones....they wouldnt accept digital print. No one wanted to touch the job, so we got to do a pretty hefty markup to make up for needing to weed 20 rolls of vinyl. We ended up cutting everything to the size, routing out a jig... And we graphtec'd them 4 FT by 8 FT, we ended up doing 40-50ish(?) at a time. It still took forever, but if you're selling the same sized sign... You can treat it like a flatbed print and just set them up 30 up if you wanted and sheet them on a flatbed applicator. We do it all the time for the stuff we don't screenprint due to them having unique numbers. The graphtec cuts it perfect enough to only be a hair off after 8 FT - Digitally printing with the latex is trickier, so when we do it digital...we use our epson, with the epson it's bang on and as long as your alignment marks are right, you can sheet 8 FT at a time with very little movement.

tmays

You don't hurt my feelings... Get a life!
If you look at his posts - all he does is insult people...
Another day in the life of "GINO!" What a 100% AH!

Do me a favor - just dont reply to my posts!

I'm guessing by rounded edges you mean rounded corners? Never seen a round edge...

But 99% of our aluminum gets rounded corners.... Aluminum corners are sharp!

Cutting aluminum and rounding corners is time consuming. If you want cheap, you buy from China. If you want fast, you buy from a us supplier - careful with the Chinese suppliers though, not all aluminum is made equally... We have a local shop who does road signs, they buy their blanks from China while we buy from a local supplier (who buys from China, but they have a known supplier and when we have quality issues like the metal is all warped... They take it back and deal with it, it's happened twice in like a year with the current COVID / supply situation). 8mahing buying a 10k skid of aluminum from China and it shows up all warped and unusable. Good luck getting your money back...
Thank you... yes... rounded edges is what I meant to say... Appreciate your input.

tmays

Eastern Metal Supply has a location in Florida, they sell me quantities of 100, but they outsource so it may be marked up.
Thank you. I will reach out to them. Typically I have bought 2000 - 3000 quantity at a time.
Appreciate the response

tmays

I have a mimaki JFX flatbed

tmays

It is all about QTY, what are you deeming as bulk?
You order enough and then importing is an option,

I would look into buying full sheets of 48x96 and then having a metal fab shop shear cut and round the corners
or (what we do) take the full sheets to someone with a water jet cutter
Thank you...

I typically order 2000 sign blanks at a time... w/ pre-drilled holes and rounded corners

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I just ordered another 1000, 12x18 sheets

Attachments

• 20230109_091341.jpg
    20230109_091341.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 83

petepaz

harborsales.net
they have some stock size blanks and they will cut and round corners for any size you want at any qty you want

tmays

why are you looking for somewhere else now?
I was ordering from China... Perfer to get from the USA. Currently Chinese New Year + manufacturing times are 14 days and 5-6 weeks to ship... air freight turned out to be the same as getting them from the US.

tmays

I have a flatbed - Mimaki JFX-200 - 2513EX

gnubler

I hear a lot of Grimco hate on the forum. I don't order much from them so can't complain. Just got a mass email from them titled "Just for YOU. Better pricing..." Typical corporate BS. They probably have a sentry out on industry forums like this one, and react accordingly.