• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I find aluminum sign blanks

tmays

I am looking for bulk quantities of aluminum sign blanks - Can anyone recommend a good US supplier?
10 x 7
10 x 8
12 x 8
0.40 gauge
Rounded edges
White

tmays

The home run for me would be to find a US manufacturer in South Florida that cuts pre made blank signs at a reasonable price. My other alterantive is to order from China. They are by far the cheapest - but when you factor in shipping time and the cost to wait. I prefer ot buy in the US - pay more - but turn $$$ faster.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I hafta agree with bou. It now becomes a simple mathematical equation.

Your real answer is to buy the .040 sheets, shear them down yourself and get a corner rounder with several dies and then YOU become a supplier in your area. Otherwise, you're just dreaming. Why do you bother wanting the edges rounded ?? Sounds ridiculous.

tmays

I hafta agree with bou. It now becomes a simple mathematical equation.

Your real answer is to buy the .040 sheets, shear them down yourself and get a corner rounder with several dies and then YOU become a supplier in your area. Otherwise, you're just dreaming. Why do you bother wanting the edges rounded ?? Sounds ridiculous.
Do you just troll the sites and pick on people
Or do you actually help anyone?

and for the record - my customer want rounded edges... JA!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you just troll the sites and pick on people Pretty much so. So what of it ??
Or do you actually help anyone? Try not to

and for the record - my customer want rounded edges... JA! There is no such thing ya little twerp.

Do you just walk around aimlessly saying whatever pops into your head..... or just ask stupid things ??
Or do you actually have a job ??

For the record, you should try to educate the dummy who asked for rounded edges. DA!

Where are all these dumb frickin' b@st@rds coming from ?? Are they the leftovers from the recent spam blam ??

2B

It is all about QTY, what are you deeming as bulk?
You order enough and then importing is an option,

I would look into buying full sheets of 48x96 and then having a metal fab shop shear cut and round the corners
or (what we do) take the full sheets to someone with a water jet cutter

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, but will they round .040 edges ??

That's pretty much what I told him, but he thinks I'm trolling and hurting his feelings.

netsol

Do you just troll the sites and pick on people
Or do you actually help anyone?

and for the record - my customer want rounded edges... JA!
i was just going to type ALMOST exactly what gino did.
i don't think you will get a better answer.
i was going to suggest a couple places to purchase a shear, but, i guess not

i certainly agree with you that no one would consider grimco a reasonable price, though...

tmays

i certainly agree with you that no one would consider grimco a reasonable price, though...

That's pretty much what I told him, but he thinks I'm trolling and hurting his feelings.

You don't hurt my feelings... Get a life!
If you look at his posts - all he does is insult people...
Another day in the life of "GINO!" What a 100% AH!

Do me a favor - just dont reply to my posts!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You don't hurt my feelings... Get a life!
If you look at his posts - all he does is insult people...
Another day in the life of "GINO!" What a 100% AH!

Do me a favor - just dont reply to my posts!
you are behaving like something is hurt... why are you so defensive?

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I don't care what burton says about you...... I think you're alright.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, who are you, that you think I'm after you ?? You are nothing more than someone who's been banned and snuck back in. Aren't you the clever little one ?? I've been baby sitting our one printer the last few days, so I have more time than usual to be watching here, along while doing other things. I feel honored that you think I'm after a non-member as important as yourself.

Bretbyron

Grimco, Nglantz and all sign supply companies will give you a quote with discounts if ordering blanks in bulk. Grimco came out cheaper when I ordered (200) 12x18 .040 w/ .75 radius and holes drilled where I determined.