• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy printhead for Mutoh

ninja2020

Hi,

One of my printheads crapped out and I need to get a replacement fast. I'm in the middle of a job. It's for the Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor, and I'm located in Portland, Oregon.

Does anyone know where I can get a printhead for a good price - fast?

Thanks.

Jimmy

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Are you sure the head is bad? There are a lot of other things that can happen that make it look like a bad head.

Welcome from OK.

ninja2020

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, I'm sure the head is in trouble. They've been dying for a while, and I recently had 2 of them changed and now the Yellow is crapping out. After a zillion cleans, it's still streaking like crazy on the test prints. I've tried cleaning it on the ultrasonic cleaner, and although a lot of gunk came off, it didn't help a whole lot.

Also, it's "dripping" Not sure if that's the correct term, but basically ink would accumulate during the print cycle, and eventually drop on the media. I've cleaned all around the head, and checked for any lint or dirt that might do that but nada. Fortunately, the last few jobs were on vinyl with lots of white background so I was able to clean the ink drops off after printing but now I have a wrap job that is full coverage.

So I'm gonna have to spend another chunk to get a new head.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The dripping is a common problem. but the problem may be the wipers, not the head. Have you replaced the wipers? Do they work properly?

The settings for ink density may be off a little allowing more yellow to be used. also check the yellow feed line for air leaks.

MacDaddy

I buy mine from Signwarehouse.com .... Call and ask for Ron, he will get the part for you.........