• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to find these plaques...? Oak?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Looking for someone to replicate these plaques. The school has 1-3 authors per year and they order these plaques. The guy that did them has retired.

If YOU do these, I would be interested in an estimate or is there a place to order these online?

The size of the wood, which I think is oak is 13.25" x 6"

Attachments

• 328476997_1932576927075825_5119828395700163229_n.jpg
    328476997_1932576927075825_5119828395700163229_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 313

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looking for someone to replicate these plaques. The school has 1-3 authors per year and they order these plaques. The guy that did them has retired.

If YOU do these, I would be interested in an estimate or is there a place to order these online?

The size of the wood, which I think is oak is 13.25" x 6"
Ok Stacey....now I'm curious about your connection on this one. Patricia lives in Union City...which is just up the road from where I was born and raised in Coldwater.

She has quite an interesting background https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Polacco

JB

Superior_Adam

We do plaques all the time. There is not going to be a stock plaque size from a distributor at that size. Easiest way to do it would be buy some oak, cut to size, router the edges and finish it with a clear coat. there are some companies that will custom make whatever you want. Big Sky Woodcrafters is who we use on anything oversized that has to have wood joined.

Stacey K

I like making signs
So I have a local trophy shop and they can supply the metal part for $22. They cannot supply the wood part. I did check online and since it's an odd size I couldn't find anything. I could have my son do this but it would be easier if I ordered it LOL I'll try that Big Sky Woodcrafters first and if that fails I'll make my son do it. I have a nice router so I guess I shouldn't be so lazy LOL

Stacey K

I like making signs
Ok Stacey....now I'm curious about your connection on this one. Patricia lives in Union City...which is just up the road from where I was born and raised in Coldwater.

She has quite an interesting background https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Polacco

JB
The grade school invites 1-3 authors a year in and they read a book, sign a poster and they make a plaque! That is so funny that she lives near you! Small world!!!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The grade school invites 1-3 authors a year in and they read a book, sign a poster and they make a plaque! That is so funny that she lives near you! Small world!!!
I think it's wonderful that she so freely shares her educational struggles. It makes her books and presentations that much more relatable to kiddos.
I sure could have used her encouragement in grade school.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think many of the people around this country could've benefitted from her experiences. We have a country full of bumpkins.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that a member from this place ?? Looks so familiar...............................

Stacey K

I like making signs
Found someone to do the wood! How much should I charge for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Best

Material cost, double, time looking for people to do work, double again. Take sum of both doubles and double again then add 20%. D+D=T+D+20%=P