• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who designed this?

Marlene

Second thought is what is their marketing plan? They went that way for a reason. It would seem they chose that direction because of reactions from focus groups. I would suspect they are going that way because they want to lose the high end look and cater to the working man blue collar look.

if they are going for the working man look I still think they missed the mark. when I see a font like this that looks like it should be a simple block but has been recreated by someone who has no talent that is what I see. I don't see casual, I just see poorly done. that may be because of what I do for a living. there's a difference between casual and a hack job. this looks like crap we see hacks do all the time.it's almost liek they wanted it to look like they gave the job to the kid they hired to restock the selves. that may have been their plan but I just think it was a bad one. there are times when you want a professional, not a new "buddy". would you go to a lawyer or doctor who had the same look? the pharmacy is up there with those types of prfessions as you don't want a pal, you want someone you can trust to know what they are doing. and that is why I hate this look

Salmoneye

Obviously you are not comparing it to some of the excellent signage from that era. I drool over some of the beautiful design and workmanship that came out of 1901 era sign shops. Grunge and child fonts were NOT the norm for the time, trust me.

genericname

Weird that nobody has pointed out this is a straight rip from Old Navy's marketing. Earlier posts were right about this trying to target hipsters. Issue is though, most indie kids know when they're being pandered to by giant corporations.

Edit: Also, why would a pharmacy want to target indie kids anyway? Not like they're marijuana dispensaries. I don't hate it, but this is one hella mistargeted marketing attempt.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Keel them All !!

darthy.jpg