• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Why does this always happen...................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My wife makes and cooks just about everything we eat from scratch. However, this year has become a little short, due to not a good yield in our vegetable garden and a series of mishaps, so we've eaten out wa-a-a-ay more than we are used to.

Here's my point of the thread. I've gotten breakfast at Dunkin Donuts about 2 or 3 months ago and today at Wendy's. Both were a total disaster. At Dunkin' they must've given me someone else's breakfast, cause it wasn't anything I wanted, liked or paid for. I called to register a complaint , but for naught. Nothing came of it. Not to mention, ya only get about 6 home fries in their serving. Okay, so one time and it was bad. Today, because of voting and getting an early start, thought I'd try a Wendy's sausage, egg and cheese croissant with home fries. The home fries were just pieces of potatoes with some seasoning on them, but all little burnt ends and my sausage was totally burnt and it was greasy as all get out.

How do these places survive if this is 2 outta 2 times in about 3 or 4 months and both times were putrid ??

Not to mention, if I got the wrong sh!t, so did somebody else.

Oh, and the girl today at the window was so full of scars, tattoos and piercings, it was really heard to tell it was a human being. I don't normally care about that stuff, but it was handling my food and she looked dirty..... real dirty.

So, do these places normally give out wrong orders, burnt food and look like stragglers in off the road ??

:munchie:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You're going to the trashy places. Try Chick-fil-a or Starbucks... they are more on top of things there.

You can't fly Spirit Air and complain about the airline industry....

Stacey K

I like making signs
LOL! I think it might have more to do with lack of decent workers? Our McDonald's does a pretty decent job of getting orders correct but the dining room is closed and the drive thru is at least a 15-20 minute wait - no lie. They just reduced hours down to 7am-7pm. Due to lack of workers. We have one restaurant in town that closed for 2 months due to lack of workers. They are reopening this week Thurs-Sat 4-11. They had been open each day except Mondays.

My niece just quit her job at a department type chain store due to the vaccine mandate and is going to work for a yacht club instead so she doesn't need to get the vaccine or tested weekly.

Maybe you just ran into some bad luck or maybe it's lack of decent help.

Sucks about your garden. Ours wasn't the best this year either. Hardly any corn or onions. Lots of tomatoes. No peppers at all lol. Some of that was due to my lack of attention in the beginning.

rjssigns

Wife and I don't go to McDonalds, Wendys etc... About the closest we get is Culver's or the Chinese take out down the street. Fact is we rarely eat at any restaurant. Got tired of paying premium prices for a mediocre meal. Like Gino we realized years ago that homemade food is the best tasting and best for you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's really only a quick breakfast I was referring to. I guess I'm going to the junkiest of all junk food places. Other than a pizza or chinese across the street, we rarely eat out at all. Oh, and the occasional italian or steak sandwich. That's a 'must have'.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Wendys already tried and failed at breakfast once. McDonalds is usually pretty consistent and uses real eggs. I don't get the popularity with Dunkin, it's all microwaved and nasty.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It's really only a quick breakfast I was referring to. I guess I'm going to the junkiest of all junk food places. Other than a pizza or chinese across the street, we rarely eat out at all. Oh, and the occasional italian or steak sandwich. That's a 'must have'.
"we rarely go out at all" followed by an expanding list of food types and places you go

Stacey K

I like making signs
When things get busy with kids sports, etc. sometimes you only have a few minutes to grab something. We cook most nights, lots of grilling meat/veges and fresh salads but some nights...well, it's Subway or McDonalds. I don't sweat the occasional fast food. I'm lazy some days, and that's just the way it is! LOL

gnubler

Oh, and the girl today at the window was so full of scars, tattoos and piercings, it was really heard to tell it was a human being.
You think that's bad, you should see the workers at the Home Depot here. Total freakfest.

Like others said, you're going to sh!t places, you'll get sh!t service and "food". Judging by the perpetual lineup of cars at the Taco Bell here, I'm guessing they're selling more than tacos in the drive-thru.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The conundrum is getting workers, Having to pay above min wage, and hiring bonuses. decent qualified people are getting overworked and burned out, and the rest are ill qualified, and don't care.

WildWestDesigns

Fast food places aren't really getting the upper echelon of food service workers. The businesses aren't designed to be for that any way. Although it could have been worse. Around here, there was a kid with Hep A that worked at a fast food joint. I think about 90 cases related to that incident.

For a lot of reasons, I would actually advise not going there anyway, before one even gets to the question of workers and their drive to put out quality service (not all are like that, but I would say more often that is the case) or lack thereof.

Nice thing about still being in an aggie area, we know a lot of the farmers and even if something falters here at our place (garden doesn't do well (we will have things in the greenhouse for winter harvesting as well), have to wait until the pullets start producing etc), able to pick up that shortfall without having to resort to going to fast food.

As things get tougher, it will affect the other eateries as well.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
The best service you will get at a fast food joint is usually from someone with a cirminal record, but a lot of time they are the shift leader and not doing actual food prep. I took a part time job a few years ago at a fast food burger joint that is local in order to finance an unplanned need to travel. Easy quick work in my neighborhood.

ProSignTN

Wife and I try to cook at home but then there is baseball, basketball, soccer, etc., fixing grandma's internet again, yada yada..., and we both just worked a fifty five hour week, or the HVAC is out and I fix everything. Wife usually fixes enough to serve 4-6 and we eat leftovers. We both love casseroles and all her soups are better on day two. Fast food joints are the main source of food for most people in our area. My county, my region, my state (TN) is fat. But fast food is cheap, easy and relatively quick.

I don't know if it's company wide, but our locale Chick Fil-A hires through recommendations from church youth ministers. So, there getting the squeaky clean high school kids. And they sell chicken, how hard is it. Our local store does a wrap around the building twice kinda business, after the lunch rush.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
I will no longer go to a drive through because after 2 long trips visiting customers and getting food at drive through, credit card got hacked and had to get replacements twice.
My favorite breakfast is Cracker Barrel!

Johnny Best

Dunkin Donuts drive thru, Wendys! for breakfast. I would rather eat a hot dog at 7 eleven that has been rolling around getting cook for three days. Those people hear a white dude on the speaker and they rub your food on the floor before bagging it.
Gino, I thought your mother taught you better than to hang out with that sort of crowd for breakfast.

WildWestDesigns

These places will be automated soon which should help with the "messed up order" situation.
A lot of places are doing that, even sit down ones are going this way.

Sit down place in Dallas leases a robot that actually brings the meals out to the customers. In mid. TN, there are places that have done smaller things, like tablets at the table for customers to enter in their order and only have to deal with a server when it is brought out.

Fast foot places will probably see a quicker/broader use of more automation just due to the nature of fast food as it is (the market that it serves etc). But I would say that this is going to be seen elsewhere as well within that industry.

rossmosh

Fast food is garbage. Their prices haven't really increased over the last 18 months despite everything in the world essentially going up, which means what you get HAS to be worse.

They also are facing labor shortages. Plus, fast food is just garbage by nature so expecting anything more than that is just unrealistic.

If you want a decent breakfast, go to the local deli and get an egg sandwich or breakfast special. It's going to cost 50% more, but you'll typically get what you pay for. The other alternative is to buy an portable induction cooktop or an electric grittle and cook up some eggs and potatoes at the office.