• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Why does this always happen...................... ??

DeadDoc

People don't care. They are willing to roll over and allow whatever happens just to be given garbage on a platter like its a feast fit for kings. I feel like poo for days after eating fast food. I have found that some local places do it well. I have a famous but inexpensive and good breakfast food and some lunch diner here that we will do once or month or less for a weekend brunch with the dog.

Also note, I do not speak about the people which end up on youtube. :-D But a lot of it is that, customer can be complete trash to the workers and their souls get sucked away. Low pay and poor treatment from company and customers with low staffing will create a moral so low that nothing is good.

Thankfully I have a strong love for cooking and creating meals on the fly. Sometimes you just need to go out but dang is it expensive and not always that great.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Our church does a meal train to people who are recovering from surgery, or lost a loved one. It's where for one week their meals are covered. Each night a different church member steps up and brings them a meal. Next time you need a meal, let me know and I'll mail you some of these.
20210926_091856.jpg

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
When I was in high school I worked at Hardees. It is still one of my favorite jobs! We had contests with other Hardees around the country on who could have the best drive thru times, cleanest dining room, etc. We came in like 2nd in the drive thru contest. We had a gang of us friends working there, and it was a team effort because we wanted to be the winners! I don't remember what you win, maybe nothing but recognition? IDK I don't remember anyone doing yucky things to food but I guess we were just happy to have a job back then. We still laugh about the drive thru contest and how much fun we had. Guess those days are long gone now LOL

DeadDoc

When I was in high school I worked at Hardees. It is still one of my favorite jobs! We had contests with other Hardees around the country on who could have the best drive thru times, cleanest dining room, etc. We came in like 2nd in the drive thru contest. We had a gang of us friends working there, and it was a team effort because we wanted to be the winners! I don't remember what you win, maybe nothing but recognition? IDK I don't remember anyone doing yucky things to food but I guess we were just happy to have a job back then. We still laugh about the drive thru contest and how much fun we had. Guess those days are long gone now LOL
Sounds like back when I was at OfficeMax (CopyMax). My brother was at a different store so it made the competition even more fun! Sadly he was at a major disadvantage as I was at a production hub and were massive in scale in comparison but he won some days/weeks.

netsol

My wife makes and cooks just about everything we eat from scratch. However, this year has become a little short, due to not a good yield in our vegetable garden and a series of mishaps, so we've eaten out wa-a-a-ay more than we are used to.

Here's my point of the thread. I've gotten breakfast at Dunkin Donuts about 2 or 3 months ago and today at Wendy's. Both were a total disaster. At Dunkin' they must've given me someone else's breakfast, cause it wasn't anything I wanted, liked or paid for. I called to register a complaint , but for naught. Nothing came of it. Not to mention, ya only get about 6 home fries in their serving. Okay, so one time and it was bad. Today, because of voting and getting an early start, thought I'd try a Wendy's sausage, egg and cheese croissant with home fries. The home fries were just pieces of potatoes with some seasoning on them, but all little burnt ends and my sausage was totally burnt and it was greasy as all get out.

How do these places survive if this is 2 outta 2 times in about 3 or 4 months and both times were putrid ??

Not to mention, if I got the wrong sh!t, so did somebody else.

Oh, and the girl today at the window was so full of scars, tattoos and piercings, it was really heard to tell it was a human being. I don't normally care about that stuff, but it was handling my food and she looked dirty..... real dirty.

So, do these places normally give out wrong orders, burnt food and look like stragglers in off the road ??

:munchie:
i thought that was an old joke from one of the comedians from the 60's
i went to the restaurant and the food was awful, and there wasn't enough of it.

i go to the dunkin donuts 1 town over, and i don't think i have ever gotten a 100% correct order

i used to share office space, and the office manager would call an order in to dunkin and ask me to pick it up
i made her just tell me totals, 6 drinks, 3 sandwiches, 2 donuts for example

when the count was wrong the manager would be mad at me, because i knew the total was wrong but didn't know what the missing item was. i fixed that by never going back to that location

De.signs Nanaimo

The Chinese government has instructed it's citizens to stock up on food, they have been told they need up to a year of supplies, OFFICIALLY! Your drive thru's are likely to be a luxury few will be able to use soon.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Fast food business has really changed since Covid hit and this recession started has made it even worse.
I have two daughters currently employed, one as a manager (both also already put their two weeks notice in to quit) at a local TB restaurant. They get notifications on a crew app about everything that goes on even when they're not actually there... it's complicated all over. What it boils down to is anyone "reliably employable" is already working somewhere.

Anyways, No one wants to work anywhere for under $15/hr anymore, as most places have raised their starting wages to over that.
So there is constant turnover with everywhere in town raising their rates and employees leaving to get better pay.
I mean, it takes no skills to start at those businesses and the same goes for fast food, you walk in the door and they can teach you how to do your job pretty quickly.
Most days this store operates off of only 3 employees, cooking, cleaning, prepping orders, cashier, etc, etc.

There are no more drug or background checks anywhere anymore unless you're a driver.
Even if you have to "take" a drug test, most of the time it doesn't even matter if you pass or fail, places are so desperate for people to work.
Things like tattoos, piercings, etc, etc are completely overlooked. Put on a company shirt and do something is the motto now.

There are constant call-offs and no-shows as these employees JUST DON'T CARE.
At this point you can't even fire people for that, as they're on the schedule for tomorrow (hopefully they show up) and no one wants to cover their shifts.

Multiple times per week even the managers just don't show up to work or show up hours late.
The managers are just employees who have been there a bit longer and were promoted when the last managers were fired.
(the previous managers at this particular store were fired for selling drugs and other illict behavior)
Only managers have the keys to the store - so if they're late the ovens, fryers, etc don't get started on time, and most of their food needs to be cooking 2 hrs before it can be served.

The employees who DO show up and work hard are taken advantage of until they're fed up and quit for greener pastures.
The other employees can stand around and watch them do work and not get fired for doing nothing which becomes a race to the bottom.
Sometimes it becomes a cycle of starting somewhere new every few months until they find a good place and they're taken out of the "employee pool".

Then people who are mad because they had to wait 10 minutes for their burritos scream/cuss/throw food/etc at them because they had to wait while they took their order, their cash, then had to cook and prep their food.
Makes work real fun, maybe they should just call off tomorrow since today was so stressful...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Our church does a meal train to people who are recovering from surgery, or lost a loved one. It's where for one week their meals are covered. Each night a different church member steps up and brings them a meal. Next time you need a meal, let me know and I'll mail you some of these.
View attachment 156215
You should get your head gaskets checked. Looks like you have both coolant & transmission fluid(?) contaminating your oil.