• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why?

showcase 66

I have the busiest week I have had planned in a while with a couple of added rush jobs needed by Wednesday. I have 2 guys that work for me and only one shows up today the other I cant find. Now I am getting that warm headache you get just as you start getting sick.

Not a good time. Especially if the other guy doesnt show up tomorrow.

Time for that emergen-C stuff, dayquil, and anything else that I find at the store to keep me from getting sick.

Man this sucks.

SD&F

I feel for you!!! I have a rush job that I had a couple of guys work the weekend on. I gave them some time off during the week and had my best painter scheduled to come in today. He went on a camping trip this weekend and I haven't heard from him....OMG
He's almost family, but I'm not happy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It happens. Rather than getting all worked up, sick and all bent out of shape, just suck it up, plan on burning the midnight candle and get 'r done.

It's gonna have to get done one way or another, so worrying about it and having arguments in your head about what's this person gonna say and I'm gonna say this and then that will happen...... just focus on getting it down. their storyline won't mean a thing and if you get it done without him or them, then you know you can don't need them and can look for some responsible people.

I know... easier said than done, but it sounded good.... huh ?? :peace!: Good Luck...........​

SignManiac

I have a "Chance of getting Fired" meter on my door with an arrow pointing to Very High Today!

Keeps everyone on their toes...

Attachments

• Firing today.jpg
    Firing today.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
J

john1

day quill always works like a champ for me. The liquid gels.

showcase 66

It happens. Rather than getting all worked up, sick and all bent out of shape, just suck it up, plan on burning the midnight candle and get 'r done.
I know... easier said than done, but it sounded good.... huh ?? :peace!: Good Luck...........

We will get it done. I am more upset about getting sick than anything right now.

I have a "Chance of getting Fired" meter on my door with an arrow pointing to Very High Today!

Keeps everyone on their toes...

I need to get one of those. :ROFLMAO:

Dayquil.... check
Emergen-C.... check
Cough drops... check
Tylenol... check

Lets do this....

StarSign

If you don't show up for work, you haven't called and you are not in the hospital, that says you quit in my book!

showcase 66

If you don't show up for work, you haven't called and you are not in the hospital, that says you quit in my book!

It's time to raise the pay. You get what you pay for.

His wife showed up about an hour ago with him in the car. He went to the hospital early this morning with kidney stones. I guess kidney problems run in his family. Didn't know that. His cell was left at home which is why he never answered. Even brought me a note from the doctor.

We have everything in control as of now with just the 2 of us right now. Gave the other guy the incentive that if he doesn't fcuk anything up this week he will get an extra $200 this week. So far, he is impressing the hell out of me. I swear he has done more in the past 4 hours than he usually does in 2 days. Maybe not that exaggerated but still nice to see him pick up some slack. Good kid, but sometimes I wonder about him.

ironchef

I like that idea of a bonus with every check or per month. I think I'm going to use that, thanks. Also.... always have people on call, and trained already. Coming from the restaurant industry, that's how they do with front of the house and back. Depending on reservations you stock up on help or send people home. I have my aunt,uncle, and two cousins on call. I call them when I'm in a bind or need more hands for bigger projects. They're all trained and know the basics. Yes, its cheap labor, but i don't use them primarily. Its a backup. Plus they are usually the ones asking for some extra hours here and there... hey when blessed, you gotta share the wealth.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For years, we gave out bonuses when someone exceeded the limit or if we gave an incentive, but it got so that it was expected anytime someone went 4 hours without goofing up.

Sometimes trying to be nice backfires on you and then it becomes expected all the time. Then I realized, they're already getting paid, and well I might add, just to do the job they were hired to do. Why reward someone for doing what is expected in the first place ?? Why not just give them a raise and be done with it ??

The level of competence just never ceases to amaze me.

Had an employee kinda p!ss me off a few months back for about the 100th time in 6 months. Gave him warnings, talked to him heart to heart and all I got was grunts and rolling eyes. Finally told him to take some time off and think about how much he wants to work here. Got another person in here and started them out $2 less than the regular guy, but guess who is almost my NEW regular employee ?? This person finds things to do if they run out of work. They come to me and ask if they can try this, this or that. Sweep the floors, clean up, take out trash and organize things. I just gave this new person a raise after one week and will get another one come the 1st of July.​

:Oops: Yep, I think the other guy just screwed himself out of a job.

ironchef

True. True. That makes sense too. They are getting paid already. We do a Christmas bonus at the end of the year.