• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will they call back?

ams

I had a customer who wanted an estimated on a Ford Cube truck (Box truck). I gave an estimate and he replied by email and said.

"Thanks, That looks good. If we go with a new truck I'll definitely call you."

Whats the chances he will call back? and is it possible he is waiting to purchase a new truck to see if he has enough left in the budget?

Seven Sin Design

Maybe he's just pricing things out in preparation for whatever decision he needs to make. Or maybe your competition checking up on you :)

ams

I checked the number and it is in fact a mattress company in a neighboring town :thumb:

But it sounds like he will pick me when the time comes.

Jillbeans

He either will or he won't.
Just don't do any design work with the estimate or you may see your ideas driving around town done by the next guy he called who was $50 cheaper than you.
Love.....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Odds look in your favor. I would go purchase all the supplies for this job so you're ready for when he calls to get it done. Give him an extra 15% discount for remembering you and then give him 30 days to pay for the job.

Okay, its in the stars at the moment, but you said he's a customer. Is he an existing customer that's bought other things from you and has been satisfied ?? Or-r-r are you just hoping ?? There's a definition to the word customer and I just want to know how you're tossing the word about.....

ams

Odds look in your favor. I would go purchase all the supplies for this job so you're ready for when he calls to get it done. Give him an extra 15% discount for remembering you and then give him 30 days to pay for the job.

Okay, its in the stars at the moment, but you said he's a customer. Is he an existing customer that's bought other things from you and has been satisfied ?? Or-r-r are you just hoping ?? There's a definition to the word customer and I just want to know how you're tossing the word about.....

I haven't done any work for this guy or company in the past however, I've never advertised in that town except I gave a friend of mine who owns a restaurant over there a couple business cards, I am assuming he talked to his guy and referred me. Luckily I have everything I need to do it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so he's a potential customer.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. If he doesn't get back to you, just call him in 10 days and tell him you just wanted to follow up for scheduling purposes. Nothing more you can do, other then lower your price.

ams

Cool down the pace and rest easy.
If they call they call if not then move on !

I am cool, just asking if anyone else had any experience in something like this and if the customer did call back or not.

artsnletters

I am cool, just asking if anyone else had any experience in something like this and if the customer did call back or not.

well, some dumbass customers have some magic pie-in-the-sky price number in their heads and will collectively waste 100 companies time bidding a job they aren't even sure they can afford to do...most of the time it's not even an apples to apples comparison.
As Gino pointed out, they aren't a customer until they pay you the 50% deposit to do it....until then, don't even concern yourself, unless you want to ask them "hey i was just wondering when you folks were going to being in that Box van wrap...?" At least then you'll probably get an answer either way.
Tim

GypsyGraphics

My best client is someone i NEVER expected to call back. Two things they said gave me that impression...

1. they said they "needed help with their logo"
translation: i already have an idea of what i want so i'm not looking to spend much

2. i'm not ready to get started just yet, i'll give you a call in a couple of months
translation: you're too expensive, i have two months to find someone cheaper

Two months later they called back, scheduled an appointment, left a $1000 deposit at that first meeting. Since then, i've done their corporate identity, tons of advertising, signage, all their printing and their website.

Just got a call from them the other day... their starting a new business and asked if i was ready to go another round. BRING IT ON BABY!

ams

My best client is someone i NEVER expected to call back. Two things they said gave me that impression...

1. they said they "needed help with their logo"
translation: i already have an idea of what i want so i'm not looking to spend much

2. i'm not ready to get started just yet, i'll give you a call in a couple of months
translation: you're too expensive, i have two months to find someone cheaper

Two months later they called back, scheduled an appointment, left a $1000 deposit at that first meeting. Since then, i've done their corporate identity, tons of advertising, signage, all their printing and their website.

Just got a call from them the other day... their starting a new business and asked if i was ready to go another round. BRING IT ON BABY!

That is awesome, I hope I get a corporate account at some point.

CheapVehicleWrap

EVERY DAY! These are called "Prospects". Few of them become "Customers". The rest are cheap morons (or worse). Sometimes they'll call back months or years later, but most won't.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Need to consult the final authority on this....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• magic_8_ball.jpg
    magic_8_ball.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 45

JR's

Okay, so he's a potential customer.

If he doesn't get back to you, just call him in 10 days and tell him you just wanted to follow up for scheduling purposes.

do a follow up call, ask were did he get your #( so you could see whats working for you) if he is still on the fence ask if he got your sale flayer from ware ever. ;-} if he bites say its a good flayer there a coupon for X% off. (call to the back of the room "hay Joe" do we have some of those flayers left?) get info and since you cant read minds ask Questions.

good luck.

JR

P.S. dont under cut me ;-}

ams

do a follow up call, ask were did he get your #( so you could see whats working for you) if he is still on the fence ask if he got your sale flayer from ware ever. ;-} if he bites say its a good flayer there a coupon for X% off. (call to the back of the room "hay Joe" do we have some of those flayers left?) get info and since you cant read minds ask Questions.

good luck.

JR

P.S. dont under cut me ;-}

Thanks for the tip, and I don't under cut :thumb:

tintguy31794

I have to suggest doing a follow up call in maybe 1-2 weeks. Just come up with an excuse and say something like you wanted to be sure he knew that he would have to leave the vehicle with you for 2 days or however long and you would like to schedule it as early in advance as possible (excuse to talk to him again and be sure he knows you are definitely interested).