• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wolly Gator: Hand Painted and Lettered

Palmetto Joe

1/2 MDO cut with jigsaw and lettered with one-shot enamels

Attachments

• 20190412_120833.jpg
    20190412_120833.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 784

garyroy

That looks really good. Definitely in the spirit of Florida Mobil Home Parks.
How did you mount it in the ground?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Should have cut out the space between the tail and the body. Hand lettering not great but not bad either. Better than 99% of the participants here could do.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It looks fantastic! The white that looks like it should have been cut out bothers me a little, but I probably would have left it as you did, for durability.

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
nicely done !! VERY nice !! :thumb:
Please tell us how you treated the MDO (front, back & edges) before you painted it with the OneShot.
(you should go into the sign business).

Palmetto Joe

That looks really good. Definitely in the spirit of Florida Mobil Home Parks.
How did you mount it in the ground?
Hi I attached the gator to a 4x4 treated wood painted white and then used stainless steel screws inlaid...covered with wood putty..sanded...latex traffic white for the primer..coated twice.(used it since the 80s) and Ronan background white

Palmetto Joe

nicely done !! VERY nice !! :thumb:
Please tell us how you treated the MDO (front, back & edges) before you painted it with the OneShot.
(you should go into the sign business).
Hi I used ..latex traffic white...2 coats (used that since the 80s) and Ronan background white....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
He looks like he could be a friend of Yogi Bear.
Kinda my question in his clock thread also..............

Copying cartoons and school mascots is kinda forbidden in the real world, unless you have licensing to do so.

Yours is almost this exactly. Twist the tail, change the finger direction and badda bing badda boom...........

1652716321535.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You do what ya want...... I don't realy give two sh!ts, but you are inferring it's alright to do so..... which it is clearly not.

It just kinda makes me laugh how so many try to do things on the up & up and then ya have others who say, go ahead, break the law without any any cares.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It takes literally NO talent to do what you're doing. I did that kinda stuff growing up without computers, printers and crazy machines to do the work for me. I learned the grid system and eye to hand coordination when I was 8 and 10 years old. However, now being a professional, knowing right from wrong, I don't do it. I will still doodle drawing some of my old favorite cartoons, but I don't go to the lengths of someone like you.

Have fun................:software