• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work in progress...

qmr55

Any thoughts on this? Haven't showed client yet, put together two versions only showing him one though.

Thanks!

Attachments

• finalize_one_2.jpg
    finalize_one_2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 80
  • finalize_two_2.jpg
    finalize_two_2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 112

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to believe everyone here has bought the Dan A's books on logo and design work.

One thing I noticed...... the blue lettering on the red background is a little tough on the eyes...... and to read.

qmr55

I'm starting to believe everyone here has bought the Dan A's books on logo and design work.

One thing I noticed...... the blue lettering on the red background is a little tough on the eyes...... and to read.

Dan is a great inspiration, I love his work! Every time he posts something new on facebook I can't click it fast enough to see what he is up to!

As for the blue text on the red background, that kind of got distorted on the upload for some reason. It's actually a lot easier to read then shows here. Any suggestion on what I could change it to?

Thanks!

Slamboni

2nd one

the second one on the right with more color seems more attractive to my tastebuds. the tilt gives a feeling of efficiency.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When looking at a crude color wheel, try not to use primary or even secondary to some extent complimentary colors on top of each other. The further you go, the less the two will clash, thus giving way to a more legible copy/background situation.

Marlene

the layouts look nice, very nice in fact. the only issue I have at all with either is what does this place do? "complete home soultions" with 24 hour service and the company name don't really tell anyone what those soultions are. it might need a tagline with what they do.

TammieH

I agree...never ever never ever NEVER! put red and blue or red and green together... one as a background and one as copy. Stop it! LOL

qmr55

Hey guys,

@Justin & Marlene, we had discussed whether they need a tag line or any type of service indication. They have been around for quite some time now (over 50 years), and their brand is known in the area they do work. They have a very large client base and they actually don't take on a whole lot of new clientele much anymore. That being the case, they decided upon not needing to describe what they do ON the wrap.

Now that's usually not a good idea, and it may not even be here. So maybe I will try to convince them into adding a tag line or something.

What do you guys think?

Thanks again!

Jillbeans

First one. Panel subcopy in white. Flip the balloon so the point thingy is coming out the other way to lead the eye into the layout.
Change the red pinline inline in the name to white.
The other choice has too many angles and doesn't need the yellow.
Love....Jill