• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap print around pan face for colored background

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First things first. After ya have the vinyl where ya want it and ya squeegeed out the best ya can, give a light mist of plain water to the tape. Wait a few minutes for the water to penetrate the paper, then start pulling back on your 180.

When trying to get the water out from underneath the vinyl, main rule is not to baby it. Use a good hard squeegee with no divets in the blade portion and squeegee on a slight angle at full force towards an open area. The bubbles will travel under there, just like they do under egress vinyl. We try to never poke holes in it for the very reason you mentioned.

My question is, who did the layout ?? That thing is super bottom heavy. Probably twice the space at the top vs. the bottom. A basic rule not to ever break on any layout/sign.

edit: nice job

JBurton

Signtologist
First things first. After ya have the vinyl where ya want it and ya squeegeed out the best ya can, give a light mist of plain water to the tape. Wait a few minutes for the water to penetrate the paper, then start pulling back on your 180.
To get another angle on this, it you're working on something like this, void cut lettering, if you can't get an edge with great adhesion to start from, dig a fingernail into the mask right in the center of a cut out region and peel back toward the edges.

Also, looks good gnubler, probably saved them a ton on shipping in a painted face, and it should have a fairly comparable life...