• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping a mirror

Custom_Grafx

That was cool!

He has the same accent as Dr. Shauffhausen in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Made it hard for me to take him seriously - but dam he's good!

GypsyGraphics

the mirror wrap portion is impressive... but i'm wondering....
has anyone here used HP AR Cast? or any HP vinyl for that matter?

and what the heck is the purpose of taping the headlights?

TintTech

the mirror wrap portion is impressive... but i'm wondering....
has anyone here used HP AR Cast? or any HP vinyl for that matter?

and what the heck is the purpose of taping the headlights?

THats what I was thinking. Maybe so he wouldn't put a line on them with the knife? IDK

MikePro

i like that... never thought to pre-stretch the material before applying and letting the vinyl's memory work in your favor as you apply in one step. i'm usually end up going back and forth between stretch-shrink to make it work for me.

sfr table hockey

I don't do wraps so I had a question. Would that have been laminated?

I did not know that cast could be stretched so much and still go back in shape.

WrapperX

I don't do wraps so I had a question. Would that have been laminated?

I did not know that cast could be stretched so much and still go back in shape.

It would most likely be lamianated, if not that's even more impressive.

Most vinyls shouldn't be stretched that much. But thats the new advances in modern vinyl tech. 3M has a "no memory" vinyl which is simalar in properties as that but not to the extent of a fist being stretched inward to that degree. That was pretty impressive. I wanna know how the material doesn't show the stretches even if it was distortion/seperation of the ink. I've been able to stretch plain white Avery 1005 pretty drastically but you put some ink on it and you can only stretch it so much until the individual dropplets begin to pull apart.

restyleit

Hexis also has the same cast vinyl where the print goes back to its original form after stretching it quite a bit.

I still don't get the point of stretching the material and then putting it on. Seems to me that this way the material will want to pull back to it's original form even faster and will not hold up properly. no?

MikePro

3M IJ180Cv3 vinyl returns to original shape just fine after stretching, and NO it won't shrink/curl after completed application due to being stretched (unless you're doing it to some extreme where its actually noticeable in your print)... economy vinyls will, however.