• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wtf

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I had a couple of nozzles deflecting on my Falcon Jr. so I soaked the head for 20 minutes on a peice of cloth soaked with cleaner. When done I run a cleaning cycle and a nozzle check. It got worse so I run two more cleanings and no change. After this I looked at the capping station and this was sticking out from under the pad on the black cap and hanging over the seal. I pulled it out from under the pad very carefully and then run another cleaning and everything cleared up. I would like to know where it come from. Any clues?

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 83

Flame

PUT THAT DING DANGY THING BACK IN YER PRINTER!!!!

That's your wiper, and yes... you need it. You need to clean it every so often though, and when it gets mis-shapen, replace it.

Whats it made out of? When I took off my capping station there were actually 2 pads on each one and one of them (the one on the bottom) actually kind of looked like that!

Graphics2u

Don't think that's a wiper on a junior.

They look like this
WIPER-LARGE.jpg

That looks more like one of the foam pads in the capping station. maybe got swelled up and was touching the head not allowing it to clean properly.

At any rate I say you are going to be needing a new capping station before long.

No it's not the wiper. It's only 3/8" x 1/4" and feels like thin cardboard or thick paper, maybe .02 thick. It came out from under the pad on the black cap.

The capping station was just put in about 2 months ago. It was actually half under the pad and sitting over the edge of the cap preventing the head from sealing.

I just took the pads off of the old capping station and there is nothing like that in there. Only a thin layer of sponge(?) and then a thicker layer.

MacDaddy

That is what is left of your Wiper................... Buy a new one, or bettter yet go get that extra one you should have stored and put it in your printer.........................

Flame

Sure looks like a wiper to me... some were clear and some were black.

I could be wrong though.

Compilla

Inspect the MS station and see if the wiper is still there.

Looks like one of the foam layers on your capping station!