• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WYPET - Clear Dry Erase Vinyl Overlaminate

Sign Works

Has anyone tried this product? Any input good or bad? I see it's available in the Feller's catalog. I'm producing a pricing sign for a recycle center and they need to be able to change prices often, thinking this might be the best solution.

Sign Works

Well I guess I could have done a search first, just did and found several positive reviews. Only problem is that it appears to only be sold in 150' rolls, oh well.

solock

we've used several others, and wypet is the best so far. Both from the application side and from the long term erasability side too. Drytac's holds the marker after a week or so and customers complained, the wypet always erases well. Do advise your customers to avoid the cheap markers, as they leave residue thats harder to erase from all dry erase surfaces, even porcelain boards. We actually give an expo dry erase marker with all products just to prove the point. Its less than 50 cents per, and proves the point that a marker can make a difference.

gabagoo

The dry erase I have found from a couple of different sources is very thin and rigid, but also we found it really held well to its backing paper so we had to be careful peeling it back. I tried using the BS on it but the backer would not come off (possibly old stock) so I actually soaked the heck out of them with soap and water and applied. The next day they looked great.

dunvarna

Most of the dry erase films are polypropylene. I am not familiar with the WYPET product. The specs say it is a vinyl, but goes no further in regards to the coating or adhesive. Since it is for indoors only, I assume it has a polypropylene coating of some sort.The dry erase ability is just inherent in the material. The ones that are not polypropylene are chemically coated or are manufactured from a very different material. Straight vinyl is not dry erasable nor is plain polyester (although I know several people that sell it on their maps as dry erase laminate) short term yes...long term no.. polypropylene will also yellow over time...faster if it is in direct sunlight. There is one exceptional product, but it is cost prohibitive,
Seal Graffitti Free laminate..$800 per roll but it works outdoors for 5-7 years. It can be written on with a PERMANENT marker, then wiped off like dry erase...there is also another thermal dry erase film that has a polyester base, with a chemical coating to make it dry erase. No ghosting.

good luck. Information is always or it (should be) free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Letterbox Mike

I'll second Wypet is good stuff, the best affordable dry erase we've tried. I agree with Solok, it's erasable much longer than most others I've seen. Some markers work better than others, we have the best luck with Expo brand. Some really cheap ones tend to stain it.

I don't know anywhere that sells any dry erase in short rolls though.

rse290

Have also been looking for dry erase material...Has anyone tried printing on the Wypet?
I see it's an overlam, but if it is a vinyl wondering if print would adhere.

dlndesign

I just used the wypet over lam on two jobs yesterday. Its the first time using it, but seems to work just fine. We have a board in the shop that we are starting to keep stats on our goals, so I'll keep you updated on how well it works over time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You do realize for the most part, this media is an erasable material on purpose. Very few inks or resins will stick to it very long. Screen printing inks work and so does 1Shot and other oil based paints.

signs-derby

WYPET, product description

Hello! Can someone provide a real link to the WYPET website, manufacture or provider? or can you provide a link or attachment with the "product description" for WYPET dry erase laminate?
I need to assure my customer that the product is a REAL dry erase surface for the product I am going to create. Thanks!

Vandal Guard USA

We have had customers rave about how well Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti Laminate works for dry erase applications. Be weary of any polypropylene dry erase laminate if it's being used for 1) long term application 2) if the customer will be writing/erasing in the same spot on the board repeatedly. If anybody wants a FREE sample of Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti/Dry Erase laminate to try and use for customer demonstrations go to: www.VandalGuardUSA.com/samples

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As far as I know it's a private brand you can only get from Fellers. So the only place to ready anything about it is in their catalog.

http://www.fellers.com/catalog/noprices/Spring2012/index.html#/37/

If it matters- we have used tons of it as well and it does work great.

Hello! Can someone provide a real link to the WYPET website, manufacture or provider? or can you provide a link or attachment with the "product description" for WYPET dry erase laminate?
I need to assure my customer that the product is a REAL dry erase surface for the product I am going to create. Thanks!

Border

We have had customers rave about how well Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti Laminate works for dry erase applications. Be weary of any polypropylene dry erase laminate if it's being used for 1) long term application 2) if the customer will be writing/erasing in the same spot on the board repeatedly. If anybody wants a FREE sample of Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti/Dry Erase laminate to try and use for customer demonstrations go to: www.VandalGuardUSA.com/samples

Thanks for the link! I will be ordering the $30.00 sample roll as well as the free kit to show customers.