• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yikes.. My back ink ran out over the weekend

Hey all, When I returned to my shop this morning My black Ink cartridge whet dry. This was my fault. I knew it was low.. I should have swapped out before I left..

Now my colors are all outta wack.

I assume ink was taken from other cartrides possibly?

Blacks are printing green
and magenta is printing goldish...

yikes not good???

Any advise?

I'm currently just trying to run solid back and magenta prints to maybe clear the lines???

Maybe??

Any advise?????

Thanks.. I'm going to give that a try.

When I was printing the solid black is was coming out a dark to medium green, it was progressivly getting lighter which kinda worried me. I would think over time it would get darker???

The printer model would have help as well.. Sorry I discluded that from my original post. My Mutoh ValueJet is now back in action. It took about 5 strong cleans.. Lesson learned on my half.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INSITE..

Robert M

Falcon

If you have a Falcon, check the capping station, the sponges in there may be touching the head and causing it to draw down ink via a siphon effect

randya

You need to find the cause of this.
Typically, it is the swelling of the cap pad, very rare in Valuejets, but it does happen.
You are probably in for at least a cap, if not a maintenance station.

signage

If one cartridge gets a lot lower than others and ink comes in contact with the head it will back low trying to equalize the pressure.