• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your Dream Print Shop

cowashee

Hi All,

I currently run a smallish print shop (department of a larger company) and we are going to be moving to a new building, that we are building ourselves.

I currently have a 4x8ft UV flatbed, a HP360, and AGL 60" laminator and a 7ftx8ft Zund cutter. (oh, and a Canon laser printer that we use as a table haha)

The BOSS asked me if there was anything that I could think of that I would want in our new area (and besides an actual humidifier system) I can't think of anything cool.

What would you want to have in your brand new print shop, if you could have anything?

Christian @ 2CT Media

What do you do? Do you print for yourselves or do you print for the public?

Is there a market you want to currently hit but don't have the equipment?

Andy D

It's great that the boss is interested in your input.
This is probably over the top for your needs, but some print shops have vertical carousels

, similar to what you see in Home Depot, to hold their roll supplies and roll prints.

& they're surprisingly inexpensive.

image004.jpg

ChrisN

A R2R or hybrid UV printer would be great for cheap banners and interior vinyl (or other roll stock) items. Printing roll stock on a flatbed can be a pain.

rjssigns

Somebody else to do the work.:p

I aspire to be like my uncle. Surrounded himself with great people that cared about doing stellar work. He got to the point with his auto body shop that the only job left for him was to make coffee for the morning meeting. He lived well.

bannertime

If they just wanted to throw some money around, you could get a laser engraver or maybe one of those semi-auto grommeters.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
A R2R or hybrid UV printer would be great for cheap banners and interior vinyl (or other roll stock) items. Printing roll stock on a flatbed can be a pain.

He said he has an HP 360... so why add another roll to roll printer unless there's too much work to do with just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowashee

It's great that the boss is interested in your input.
This is probably over the top for your needs, but some print shops have vertical carousels

, similar to what you see in Home Depot, to hold their roll supplies and roll prints.
& they're surprisingly inexpensive.

image004.jpg

I don't need that many, but that does look like a dream!

cowashee

If they just wanted to throw some money around, you could get a laser engraver or maybe one of those semi-auto grommeters.

We have a 4x8 laser cutter in another area of the shop
I don't do many banners, it's not a high traffic area for me, but I wouldn't mind a welding machine instead of tape!