• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(2) color vinyl weeding

Which color would you lay first???

• solid tan panel with weeded burgundy

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • solid burgundy panel with reverse weeded tan

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • screw it...I'm digitally printing

Votes: 18 23.1%

• Total voters

Shovelhead

Just for fun.
Which color would you lay first??

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 193

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd be in the printing category, but we would spray the background and lay the maroon on top, back in the day. If it was a lot of them.... flood them and screen them maroon over tan.

igneous

if the beige color was something else that wouldnt be darkened by the maroon - i'd do a solid maroon then the beige on top

markymarkmfb

If I had no other choice but using vinyl I would do the burgundy first- The reverse weeding of the tan would be much easier IMO.

Border

For the sake of having no visible bleed lines on the border, I'd lay down the burgundy first then the reverse-weeded tan on top.

But if faster weeding was big concern, I'd do the tan first then the Burgundy with the power weeding feature (used in Signlab anyways).

Print & Cut though, if you have the abiltiy, would be the fastest way to make a buck on that one.

petepaz

as long as i could hit the colors i would go digital
if not tan background first then cut vinyl burgandy

ddarlak

Go Bills!
since the tan doesn't extend off the substrate, i would lay the burgandy down first as to not have a trap...

weaselboogie

If you lay the burg last, you'd have some issues with the burg outline. Do you make it exactly the same size and hope that the edges line up, do you make it larger so the beige and burg lay next to each other butt to butt (shrinking vinyl would leave a gap) , or do you center the burg line on the edge of the beige (half touching the metal, half raised up on the beige).

Burg first seems obvious to me... so what if reverse weeding takes a bit longer, you won't have alignment and early failure issues.

Pat Whatley

Solid burgandy, reverse weed the tan. The little letters in GREAT FOOD AND FUN SINCE 1938 would be a pain to cut and weed. Plus, they're going to be pretty fragile should anyone decide to clean the sign in the future. Reverse weeding should make a better finished product.

and I'd throw an apostrophe in OWNER'S.

(on a side note, do a Google search for "at owner's expense apostrophe" and it will pull up mentions of the lack of the apostrophe in what appears to be every article written on punctuation in the last 10 years. Parking signs are apparently the ruin of the English language. Damn sign people.)

signpro

Manager
i'd load some tan vinyl into the Gerber Edge with a burgandy foil... wait, you said vinyl only...

i'd lay the tan first.

Joe Diaz

OT: Might I recommend saying "Vehicle Owners Expense" Long story as to why we do that now, but one could argue the sign says that the owner of the property is responsible for paying the tow company. And trust me, some have argued that.:banghead::rolleyes:

Baz

If you lay the burg last, you'd have some issues with the burg outline. Do you make it exactly the same size and hope that the edges line up, do you make it larger so the beige and burg lay next to each other butt to butt (shrinking vinyl would leave a gap) , or do you center the burg line on the edge of the beige (half touching the metal, half raised up on the beige).

Burg first seems obvious to me... so what if reverse weeding takes a bit longer, you won't have alignment and early failure issues.

My toughts exactly! :thumb:

high impact

...only because the beige does not run to the edge of the sign I'd lay burg first and reverse weed the beige. Much easier line up. If the beige ran to the edge than beige would go down first.