• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 180cV3

kustomkoncepts

I want to wrap My 07 Yahaha Warrior tank is big and flat top. fenders are not bad but I would like to see if the 380 would work on motorcycles. Let us know.

kev3232

i'm not digging the v3. seems to not like when it's the least bit cold out. i'm sticking with the 180c.
(just my 2 pesos)

gabagoo

version 2 comply is hard to detect from the vinyl itself but if you run your nail over the backing paper you should feel the little air channels. Becareful because I ordered a roll of comply and questioned it once and then they insisted it was version2 so I printed the wholejob only to find out some numbskull put the wrong roll in the wrong box.It was a 2ml 3m but not comply

Graphics.Atl

380v3 is a 1 mil product and 18v3 is 2 mil. The print/lam combo for 380 is 2.5 mil while 180v3 is 4 mil. The materials are the same, 380 is just thinner and therefore has less material to stretch and less memory to fight.

kustomkoncepts

Got a wrap for another Aarons Sales And Lease box truck.

I only do the install graphics are made at Ad Mark.

the used to use the origional 180 control tac but this time the new 180C v3.

It is definately a very small cross pattern. I can't wait to see how it works. also this will give me a preview of how it works without having to buy a roll

grafixemporium

We wrapped 2 pickup trucks with 180c-v3 this weekend. At first glance, it looked and behaved a lot like V2. If fact, it was hard to tell the difference. However, when the sun went down and the temperature dropped in my warehouse, V3 became a little more stubborn to work with than V1 and V2. It's good stuff, but all in all, I don't see the big difference between 2 and 3.

I personally can't stand the look of V1, so I guess I'll be buying a big heater to get us through these harsh, cold Houston winters :)

kustomkoncepts

Huston TX Cold??

Fargo North Dakota -24 with -40 windchill today. try that!!

I did that Aarons sales and lease truck I belive it was 180 V3 there are no 3M markings on the back of the liner.

this was a grey glue what was yours?

I don't think I like the new glue it is a more rubber based glue I like there old light brown tan glue they had.

it was hard to tell how this stuff will act because I did not print it just install and it was a flat box truck with Liquid lam and transfer tape.

I did note it had egress lines in small X pattern VS the Lines in V2 I do like that better

wrapvinyl

If it was controltac 180cv3 it should have had the blue 3m markings on the backing. Although the tiny crosshatch pattern sounds like what they use on v3. so maybe just no controltac?

from my experience v3 is a little bit easier to install than v2, but not as easy as v1. but it looks better than v1 and just as good as v2. the only adjustments i had to make installing from v1 to v3 is to be a bit more deliberate around curves, if you get a bubble in the v3 it's less likely to just push out like the v1.

in short, nothing beats v1 for ease of install, but the v3 looks really good with a good install, more wow factor.

-brad

kev3232

only if you print on it. :)

also, i'm starting to think that V3 kinda blows. I did a box van last week it literally took me twice as long to install as V1 would have. the truck was pre-heated with a weed burner and the shop was warm enough to work in a t-shirt and it still took twice as long!!
seems like no matter how much you press, the air won't push out. it apparently doesn't like to be installed without trans tape!!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Avery is probably the easiest to install, but their track record doesn't lend alot of confidence.

3M is my favorite as well. Easy to install, remove, I trust it and it saves me time.

Oracal rep stopped in one day and asked me if I had tried 3951ra and what I thought. I told him "Oracal cost you time and money because it is so agressive. You have to fight it." He proceeded to tell me I didn't know what I was doing. The conversation got heated quickly. Jerk, insult your consumer, great way to sell more products. Read the fine print too, it's removeable up to 4 years not 5 like the other brands.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
He went through their certification class in Florida. He was an expert and an a$$hole. Didn't matter, my mind was made up after the first of 2 wraps with their material. I turned the rest into small decals.

dolce05

Use the Arlon on boxed areas with or without rivets and the 3m (which ever you prefer V1 or V3) on the cabs and extreme curved areas. Doesnt hurt to own a can of primer 94 either!

gabagoo

I recently bought the bundle of 3m v2 with the laminate. Just curious.... does the laminate always have such a strong odour when it is unrolled? It smells like a furniture factory!!!

cptcorn

adad
I recently bought the bundle of 3m v2 with the laminate. Just curious.... does the laminate always have such a strong odour when it is unrolled? It smells like a furniture factory!!!

what laminate did you get?

8518 and 8519 have different adhesives.