• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48"valuejet from SignWrhse- who's got one?

AUTO-FX

Who has purchased a 48" value jet from Sign Warehouse would share your experience with this. I am sick and damn tired of struggling to get high quality out of this falcon JR. This thing is just fine for utility printing, like banners, but I need better.Time to do something.
I run Flexi 10, I have a brand new 40" laminator, and i'm okay with a 48" printer, just want to hear from someone who's bought one from SW.

TIA
-Chris

Jim Doggett

Who has purchased a 48" value jet from Sign Warehouse would share your experience with this. I am sick and damn tired of struggling to get high quality out of this falcon JR. This thing is just fine for utility printing, like banners, but I need better.Time to do something.
I run Flexi 10, I have a brand new 40" laminator, and i'm okay with a 48" printer, just want to hear from someone who's bought one from SW.

TIA
-Chris

Hi Chris,

Here's some insight from a non-commissioned SignWarehousian :^)

The 48 is terrific, and has value that is untouchable. So other dealers will tell you that without 64-inch wide printing your wife will leave you and the dog will go lame. Not true. You can do AMAZING things with 48-inch wide printing / 4 foot wide panels. And there's gobs of media -- and not just from us.

And its a Mutoh, with Epson heads for fast, durable ecosol printing that has stupid-good quality.

If you don't get many responses here, please call our sales folks. We have sold many hundreds, even thousands, I think. So I am sure we have many references.

Best,

Jim

AUTO-FX

Thanks guys!
Rcook99, yes, I know Dave. Just met him at the "Application Nation" Mactac wrap class he hosted up there. good bunch of people up there.
Jim, thanks for the good words and I will likely talk with somebody down there before I make any decisions.

dj_elite

Chris thats what Im waiting to hear back on to see if im approved to lease one. I was so fed up with my printer lately words cant even describe it! My wife was so mad at me working on this thing night and day for like a month straight! Its those inks lately im telling you!

CheapVehicleWrap

Not sure if you wanted opinions on the printer or sign warehouse, both are very searchable. It's a great printer. I'd get it from Dave at GRS.

SlightlyChilled

54 and up are the going sizes. If you go 48 you limit your self on where you can get media from better to have it and not need it the need it and not have it. Unless SW will give you free shipping for life.

AUTO-FX

If you're doing wraps i STRONGLY suggest getting nothing less than the 60 inch.

thanks, Colorado, yes i wish.

i am a small fry here; limited space, limited budget, and i'm a one armed paper hanger. i figure when i get to the point where i have to have a 64 i will get another set up. meantime i can outsource for big panels.

thanks again

HulkSmash

thanks, Colorado, yes i wish.

i am a small fry here; limited space, limited budget, and i'm a one armed paper hanger. i figure when i get to the point where i have to have a 64 i will get another set up. meantime i can outsource for big panels.

thanks again

I'm thinking about selling my 64 inch Hp 9000 for cheap, let me know if interested. and upgrading to the epson 6000 or the hp latex.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

I've be herding a 48" ValueJet from Sign Warehouse for a couple of years now. I replaced a 48" Falcon that I had for about 6 years previous. Using Flexi 8.6v whatever.

I have no complaints about the ValueJet. It prints faster and better than my old Falcon. Sign Warehouse, for all of their bad juju, delivered the machine, I assembled it, and then called their techno-weenies for the finer points of hardware and software configuration. Since that day I've never had a problem not of my own making with it.

Despite all of the cries to the contrary, I've never, as in ever, wished I had bought something wider than 48". The most of the work that it produces is 36" banners, with a occasional 48" specimen. As far as vinyl, I seldom print on anything over 30", that being the largest piece that I want to wrangle. Even if I didn't consider wraps to be the nadir of signmaking, which I do, I'm just a one-man show and I stick to doing those things I enjoy and can manage without undue effort.

What would else you like to know?

Jim Doggett

I've be herding a 48" ValueJet from Sign Warehouse for a couple of years now. I replaced a 48" Falcon that I had for about 6 years previous. Using Flexi 8.6v whatever.

I have no complaints about the ValueJet. It prints faster and better than my old Falcon. Sign Warehouse, for all of their bad juju, delivered the machine, I assembled it, and then called their techno-weenies for the finer points of hardware and software configuration. Since that day I've never had a problem not of my own making with it.

Despite all of the cries to the contrary, I've never, as in ever, wished I had bought something wider than 48". The most of the work that it produces is 36" banners, with a occasional 48" specimen. As far as vinyl, I seldom print on anything over 30", that being the largest piece that I want to wrangle. Even if I didn't consider wraps to be the nadir of signmaking, which I do, I'm just a one-man show and I stick to doing those things I enjoy and can manage without undue effort.

What would else you like to know?

Thank you for the kind words, Bob. And ditto on 64" not being the end-all. We sell many 48-inch printers, nearly every day, to folks every bit as happy as you are.

Best,

Jim

Pinfinity

Jim, so well said and you nailed it. I just purchased a wrap equip package from SW. I've had my my 1204 48" up and running since Saturday...I am new to a purchase of digital printing equipment, but have been in the sign industry for more than 25 years. SW support is incredible. Keith hooked me up remotely. He fly's through the menus and is so knowledgeable and helpfull with the equipment.
I got a lot of flack for not buying the 64" ....but I don't care, the 48" is fine for me and it has great reviews as well....you'll love it!

AUTO-FX

Hey thank you guys.
I've been using 36" media and it's good for me - being a one arm paper hangar guy with a bad left shoulder.
But okay,regarding available media, lets see here... Advantage sign supply catalog page 14, 3M CONTROLTAC IJ180CV3-10 48" X 150' is available. Page 21 ORACAL 3651 48" X 150 is available. Laminates are available in 48" from 3M. too big for my laminator but a big squeegee would suffice if I had to.
And ok- it may BE tech support is not be the best from SW (sorry Jim and i dont know first hand) but wouldnt I be able to get support from Mutoh also?
Or is it that not likely because it's been rebranded? Anyone know?

dj_elite

Sign Warehouse tech support is good, it just takes a while to get back to you sometimes. Other than time though I've never had a problem with Signwarehouse Tech support. As for support from Mutoh, I don't think so...

goinmxn

I've had my 48" mutoh from Sign warehouse since april. I love it, not one problem. Tech support has been great for me as well. I have no complaints at all, and would recommend SW and this printer to anyone.

Steve

ahollow

I bought my Mutoh JR from SW 4 years ago, and when I'm ready for that 48", I'll go right back to SW. I've always had good support from them.

Jim Doggett

... And ok- it may BE tech support is not be the best from SW (sorry Jim and i dont know first hand) but wouldnt I be able to get support from Mutoh also?
Or is it that not likely because it's been rebranded? Anyone know?

Hi Chris,

Okay; I'm a marketing guy. I'm paid to say this stuff. But, and I am putting on my flackjacket :^), SignWarehouse support is as good as any support I have ever seen, and I used to be with Summa who everyone raves has great support (and they do, but SW is better).

But we also sell a ton of equipment. Maybe more than any other dealer on earth. So we are far from perfect, but not for lack trying. Here's a sampling:

800.966.1783 -- call it now, or this weekend (7 days -- no one else does that!)

Online support chat (http://www.signwarehouse.com/suppor...ve=0&departmentid=0&randno=30&fullname=&email=)

SignWarehouse support forum : http://www.signwarehouse.com/forums/

Knowledgebase that sets the standard in the industry -- non SW customers use it -- our customers do not need to call SAi or Mutoh or GCC or Oracal or anyone. They go here: http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/

Nobody matches our commitment. That is the truth.

Thanks,

Jim

FatCat

Chris, I think you'll be very pleased with the 48" Mutoh VJ - it's 98% the same machine as a 1304, but $4-5k less just won't handle 54" media. Same head, same print speed, same ink carts, same quality, etc. Truthfully will be "night-and-day" difference from your old printer.

I know there is a lot of bashing on these machines that you can't find media, and that's just garbage. I use a lot of Oracal and they manufacture 50" rolls of just about every popular media and laminate they make. Sure SW has a good selection for sure. Other vendors like Fellers don't usually list 50" rolls in their catalog, but they can have them shipped from Oracal in Florida directly to you with no extra cost involved. It does take a few days longer to get though.

One other suggestion, I would opt for the take-up roll as these printers are pretty quick and can spit out a lot of material in a very short time.