• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Few New Toys!

Tim Aucoin

Got a few new "toys" in yesterday. The one is not really to do with the sign end of our business, rather it is a creaser/perf machine for smaller stuff! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 107

SignManiac

Nice Tim! And who here among us doesn't love new toys :) I for one wish I had one of those vertical wall slice and dice cutters. Maybe next year... Enjoy them and hope it makes your work go easier.

Tim Aucoin

Nice Tim! And who here among us doesn't love new toys :) I for one wish I had one of those vertical wall slice and dice cutters. Maybe next year... Enjoy them and hope it makes your work go easier.

Thanks! :smile: Yeah, the Keen Cut SteelTrak is quite nice. It took over for an Excalibur 3000 (which we still have for back-up or whatever). The SteelTrak does a much better job on the more rigid substrates like Dibond, Alumabrite, etc... It is built much heavier and more sturdy than the old 3000!!! :rock-n-roll:

Tim Aucoin

What is the royal sovereign?

It's a 59" electric trimmer. We print a lot of posters on 7 and 9mil poster paper (the stuff BigFish sells). This is the newer model of this trimmer. We had the first generation, but it was flawed in its design. They fixed the "flaws" and came out with this one. Very accurate illuminated cut line, extremely fast blade travel with either the press of a foot pedal or the push of the full length bar that runs across the front of the trimmer. It now allows for the media to push right through out the back instead of forcing you to shove it down and into the catch basket area. It definitely saves a lot of time and back ache on trimming jobs!! :Big Laugh

Tim Aucoin

Congrats on the new toys!!

I have the first one, am jealous of the second one, and wouldn't know what the hell to do with the third one! :ROFLMAO:

LOL... the third one is something that you wouldn't likely see in most sign shops! We produce a lot of tent cards on cover stock for Sleemans (a local brewery). They require a triple score. We used to do them by hand, but it can be very time consuming. This machine automates the process and does the job very well!

One thing I neglected to mention in my original post was that I actually didn't have to put out a penny to purchase any of these 3 pieces. And the reason for that goes back about 3 years. It's a long story involving water damage, insurance payouts, etc... so I won't bore you with the details, but basically, I traded two pieces of equipment; a very high production creaser/score/perf machine (that had a loud, annoying compressor that kicked on and scared the crap out of me every time it did!!), and the older version of the Royal Sovereign trimmer (with obvious design flaws) for these 3 brand new pieces of equipment. I got $17,200 for the two pieces that they took (which were valued at around $21,000 new) and these 3 pieces came in at $16,600. So, I now have 3 pieces of new equipment that are WAY MORE functional than their predecessors AND I have $600 credit with this vendor for supplies. I'd call that a win/win deal for sure! :Big Laugh