• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Fun Little Fleet

grafixemporium

This project was particularly fun because the owner of the company pretty much gave us total creative freedom and loved everything we came up with. The creative strategy was a little unique because their business is sort of two-in-one. They recruit, train and supply lifeguards to community and commercial pools. In fact, they have over 600 employees at their peak in the summer months. They also run a small commercial/residential pool maintenance fleet. So, in a nutshell, the wraps had to refect both sides of their business without being a total mess and while still turning heads.

They were - by far - the easiest to please customer we've had yet. I really wanted to personalize their fleet... so we used their actual lifeguards as models! We had to stage an impromptu photo shoot at the shop because there was no way I was going to find stock photography of lifeguards from all the different angles I needed to do both sides of the trucks.

Here's the finished product...

Attachments

• ABP1.jpg
    ABP1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 204
  • ABP2.jpg
    ABP2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 172
  • ABP3.jpg
    ABP3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 174
  • ABP4.jpg
    ABP4.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 176
  • ABP5.jpg
    ABP5.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 153

grafixemporium

a few more...

Attachments

• ABP6.jpg
    ABP6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 173
  • ABP7.jpg
    ABP7.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 155
  • ABP8.jpg
    ABP8.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 158
  • ABP9.jpg
    ABP9.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 160

Jillbeans

I like how you used the white line as a clean transition between the two businesses.
So many people would have just blurred it.
You did a good job, and I am glad the client let you do it.
That's the best kind of work.
Love.....Jill

SignManiac

All in all, nice job. The only thing I would fault is the huge, gigantic phone number. Just not necessary to be that big in my opinion. Otherwise it's an attention getting job.

Letterbox Mike

Nice looking fleet!

Sorry to be a thread pirate, but tell me a bit more about the photo backdrop in the first photo. We're getting ready to set up a permanent backdrop / photo area here so we can quickly and easily set up every project we make and get a professional looking photo of it, if that's what that is I'd love to know a bit more about your setup.

grafixemporium

Nice looking fleet!

Sorry to be a thread pirate, but tell me a bit more about the photo backdrop in the first photo. We're getting ready to set up a permanent backdrop / photo area here so we can quickly and easily set up every project we make and get a professional looking photo of it, if that's what that is I'd love to know a bit more about your setup.

I'd like to tell you it was some elobarate studio setup... but we just used a sheet of 4x8 white foam core as a backdrop. With some quality lighting and an amazing photographer, it worked perfectly for what we needed. The lifeguards were cropped out in Photoshop and dropped into the wraps with minimal editing.

grafixemporium

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

We want to include a "visual aid" on these trucks. We thought it would be great to mount a red lifeguard rescue tube to the top of the bed rails to make the back half of the truck look even more like an authentic lifeguard truck (that's where the color scheme came from). The client loves the idea but doesn't want to use actual rescue tubes because they won't last very long... they say the foam material will break down too fast.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to fabricate 3 rescue tubes that will stand the test of time to be mounted on top of the bed rails? F

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 127

American & Proud

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

We want to include a "visual aid" on these trucks. We thought it would be great to mount a red lifeguard rescue tube to the top of the bed rails to make the back half of the truck look even more like an authentic lifeguard truck (that's where the color scheme came from). The client loves the idea but doesn't want to use actual rescue tubes because they won't last very long... they say the foam material will break down too fast.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to fabricate 3 rescue tubes that will stand the test of time to be mounted on top of the bed rails? F

You could use some PVC pipe with 2 end caps glued on. won't be an exact replica but wrapped in red vinyl and the white "guard" letters on it should look close enough. Drill holes in the end caps before glueing them on and run some flat nylon straps through the hole and tie a knot inside so it cant be pulled out.
Might work as a visual and should last a long time.

I see work vans with large pvc pipe mounted on the roof to hold other long items inside with a threaded end cap on one end.

Or you could Shape a 2X4 and wrap it and letter it.

Nice looking fleet you did.:thumb:

Last edited: