• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Actual Text Message with new employee.

Salmoneye

This is a transcription of a text message that I just had with a new employee.

(Me) "Hey, are you at XYZ?"

(Employee) "No Sir"

(Me) "Don't make a habit of that 'Sir' business cuz it kinda makes me feel like a big shot and well with an ego like mine, well...)

(Employee) "You got it Bitch"

Salmoneye

Update #2

So I texted him back saying "You know we are going to have to talk about this."

His reply "You got it Sweet Di(%!"

ProWraps

sounds like fun. by my first thought earlier today when i read your first thread was you already lost the element of boss/employee respect.

i tryed this approach with employees i had. and the end result was bad.

now i prefer they call me "sir".

its amazing how that first lapse in respect can lead to the evolution of the boss/employee relationship. not to sh*t on the fun parade, but im hoping to give you some good advice that i have learned.

Salmoneye

This guy is fun and we get along well so far. There doesn't seem to be any lack of respect. Just likes to have a little fun at work. I need a little more of that anyways so I will roll with it for awhile. I do completely understand your advice Pro Wraps. Either this kid is hungry and will work hard while having fun or he will be job hunting. Time will tell.

signgal

Nice! no, this guy's a keeper... someone with that sense of humor is intelligent and someone intelligent isn't going to really insult you and expect to keep his job :)

He'll keep you on your toes, make the job more fun and keep you young (don't know how old you are)