• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

After almost seven years, calling it quits

mountaingraphic

So sorry to hear that you are hanging up your hat. Congrats though on a successful endevour that lasted almost a decade. Hopefully your next ventures brings you great prosperity.

ChiknNutz

Sorry to hear. What do you think was your biggest lesson with the eventual failure of the business?

Thanks everybody, really.

I'd say one thing that really killed us was holding on to employees for too long after knowing that they either weren't cutting it or after the economics didn't support them. Payroll is the largest expense you can have and I really think that was paramount.

wes70

Thanks everybody, really.

I'd say one thing that really killed us was holding on to employees for too long after knowing that they either weren't cutting it or after the economics didn't support them. Payroll is the largest expense you can have and I really think that was paramount.

With that being said, is it too late to downsize or perhaps start over?

S

SignTech

Right with ya Chris the economy kicked our ass in PA as you know ... but now back in Rochester I am doing some independent side line work and it's awesome ... and it allowed me too pursue my other passion photography ... so things have a way of working out, good luck!

ChiknNutz

Everyone is already gone. We layed-off our last employee a few weeks ago. As a last hoorah, we wrapped our truck a month ago (which we'd wanted to do for years) and still nothing (too little too late). Honestly, though, the decision was made not on economics, but if the desire to continue was there. Sure, the economics was the final straw, but several other aspects lead to the decision.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to see ya leave the business, but perhaps it will just be temporary.

Good luck in all you pursue and remember all of your friends here at 101. We're behind you.

See ya around real soon............. :thumb:

Jillbeans

Well, whatever ends up happening, I hope it all works out for the best.
I know it's schmaltzy but my crusty old granny used to say that whenever a door closes, a window opens.
Love....Jill

Lunatic Taskbar

Mine would also say that when one door closes, don't spend too long looking at it, or you may miss the new one opening.

She also thought crap things were great so don't put any weight to that.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
So you don't want to go another round on distorting text?

I don't know what to say that has not already been said, but I remember your very first post on Signweb. We signed up here the at the same time and you were integral in helping Signs 101 take off early on, I mean that too. I'm sure your questions helped others and also helped others dive in when they were learning.

Hoping all the best for you and your family... there are so many people struggling in this economy, and most people have various reasons for having to shut their doors. It's a brave thing to do and I hope you are more encouraged by your participation here and in the business, than by this occurrence.

Wishing you and your family the best, thank you for your online friendship through the years...

-Rick

ChiknNutz

So you don't want to go another round on distorting text?

I don't know what to say that has not already been said, but I remember your very first post on Signweb. We signed up here the at the same time and you were integral in helping Signs 101 take off early on, I mean that too. I'm sure your questions helped others and also helped others dive in when they were learning.

Hoping all the best for you and your family... there are so many people struggling in this economy, and most people have various reasons for having to shut their doors. It's a brave thing to do and I hope you are more encouraged by your participation here and in the business, than by this occurrence.

Wishing you and your family the best, thank you for your online friendship through the years...

-Rick

Hee hee, yeah Rick thanks for the reminder about the "distorting text" thread...ah those were the days, huh? I do plan to stick around indefinitely, just don't know in what capacity...maybe just a "consultant" :)

Steve C.

Sorry to see you go Chris. Last year kick our butt as well. If not for our font
sales, we would have not been able to stay open. Best of luck ol' friend.

Steve C.

Auggggh, Rick, you had to bring it up?....those were the days. :noway::wink:

FatCat

Chris, I'm very sorry to hear this and you have my sympathy. When I finally entered the sign business full time I was crushed by the loss of my previous job which I had been doing for over 14 years. Major changes are never easy, but you will overcome and move on.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for all the questions you answered for me, and for your great software that I use daily. I do hope you'll continue to support GrahixCalc and visit the site to let us know how you're doing.

Best wishes for you and your family!

Bigdawg

Just Me
So sorry to see that happen Chris... it's tough when good people who put their heart into a business can't make it go...

and on a side note it is great to see you Ian :smile: