• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

All I've been doing.... (A sign designers late night rant)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Is draw boxes and type on my keyboard for the past 4 months... boxes... numbers... WORDS!!!!

Still up, making lame permit drawings and drafting 3 types of fuffeeheaded illuminated ADA signs...

I'm gonna run away, give myself a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it just so I can feel again...

SIGNS ARE STUPID!!!!!!

[video=youtube;wNFMPhKIZXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFMPhKIZXg[/video]

Z SIGNS

Don't sweat it.
You are just suffering the long term effects of of being exposed to signs.
It will pass

Jillbeans

It's still better than what I've been doing for 3 weeks, temping at a bleach factory for $9/hr graveyard shift 10 hours a night!
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
BUT........... are you getting paid ??

See, some people here might think, since you're doing this with a computer and not entering all this information in by hand, it doesn't really count. Using tools to help you along, might be misconceived as not caring and stepping on your fellow colleagues. If this is really bothering you, then I suggest you might try going back to designing circles and leave these hard to do boxes to the more adept in the art of boxes. Stepping way out of your comfort zone, can cause serious side effects, like these late night rants and possible need to stand on a milk box and jump off. In other words..... going all the way through. :covereyes:

Relax, have a cosmopolitan and take an afternoon nap. You'll feel better..... eventually. :rolleyes:

Rick

BUT........... are you getting paid ??

See, some people here might think, since you're doing this with a computer and not entering all this information in by hand, it doesn't really count. Using tools to help you along, might be misconceived as not caring and stepping on your fellow colleagues. If this is really bothering you, then I suggest you might try going back to designing circles and leave these hard to do boxes to the more adept in the art of boxes. Stepping way out of your comfort zone, can cause serious side effects, like these late night rants and possible need to stand on a milk box and jump off. In other words..... going all the way through. :covereyes:

Relax, have a cosmopolitan and take an afternoon nap. You'll feel better..... eventually. :rolleyes:

Paid?!? who cares about money, I need to feed my artistic side... I'm a delicate flower...

But that's it... there are no circles in my work! I mean technically, I am drawing circles
from the side... well, cylinders... but that just a glorified, fancy, hifalutin box!

I actually had a chance to do some hand drafting 3 weeks ago but the city
changed their mind and said it could be done in CAD.... DARN THEM!!!!

Okay, the client signed off on it, I'm feeling better... but really, I had to draw this
three times for various wall construction... months of this kind of stuff...

I WANNA HAVE SOME FUNNNNN!!!!

Okay I'll take the drink...

Attachments

• NO FREAKIN CIRCLES.jpg
    NO FREAKIN CIRCLES.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 72

Rick

It's still better than what I've been doing for 3 weeks, temping at a bleach factory for $9/hr graveyard shift 10 hours a night!
Love....Jill

Ive taken a step back when learning the computer side of this business...
went from 35.00 an hour in construction to 6 bucks to learn this... and though I get
paid very well now... it's not what I want to do. When you learn the code stuff
you can get stuck doing it all the time. I really need to get more creative work
or someone is gonna get hurt!

Jwalk

This reminds me of the old saying be careful what you wish for you just might get it. Ill trade with you , after a day or two of catching up on your sleep a strong sense of guilt and anxiety comes over you as you wondering when are you going to break your slump. I should add these months have always been slow for me.

SignManiac

Rick you've made me more appreciative of the work that I get to do daily. I'd shoot myself if I had to illustrate installation details.

OADesign

Wow. I feel Like I just read a post from the Twilight Zone. I long to do that type of stuff. With a drive full of typical drawings that the either fit each scenario. Or can be picked apart to work. I would trade you my years of experience laying out yard signs and birthday banners for your ADA / Electrical drawings all day er day. Yes er day. To have a larger base knowledge of applicable code so as not to waste time being second guessed by a know it all sales guy that found a snippet of some code for a another non relevant state on Google now he is an expert.
I digress.
Need a low pay apprentice?

Rick

Wow. I feel Like I just read a post from the Twilight Zone. I long to do that type of stuff. With a drive full of typical drawings that the either fit each scenario. Or can be picked apart to work. I would trade you my years of experience laying out yard signs and birthday banners for your ADA / Electrical drawings all day er day. Yes er day. To have a larger base knowledge of applicable code so as not to waste time being second guessed by a know it all sales guy that found a snippet of some code for a another non relevant state on Google now he is an expert.
I digress.
Need a low pay apprentice?

I apprenticed for several shops, each specializing in something architectural...

Of course, had to be a grunt and yard signs too. Be happy to help if you have any questions...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Take heart Rick,
you could be making trademark logos for Asian importers.

Free-Shipping-Molten-Basketball-GG7-Size7-basketball-PU-Materia-1pcs-lot-Free-with-ball-pump-fon.jpg

I was searching for the dimensions of a standard basketball backboard I could make for my son and passed over this a few times before slowing down to read it....

wayne k
guam usa