• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

And yet another Canadian

maddartist

Hi there nice board, I lost this board for awhile during the change over,but now i found it again :cool1:
My name's Steve I'm from Manitoba Canada, If i can help anyone out let me know. I do vinyl,paint,airbrush, tattooing.....anything for money :wink:

steve
Maddartist signs and Graphics
:Canada:

Last edited:

I.I

lol @ "anything for money"....
.if this wasnt a sign forum ..your words would be dangerous...lol
welcome mad,....do you have any examples of your work..???

Marlene

Welcome:Canada 2: I'm married to a guy from the great white north so I have a special affection for Canadians, glad to see another on the site.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Welcome to Signs 101 Steve.

This place is definitely getting overrun with Canadians. I figure it's the time of year .... not much else to do when it's -40 degrees outside. But will we still see you in the summer? :Big Laugh

maddartist

thanx fer the welcome

Thanx fer the welcome
Ya Fred not much to do when its -50 vinyl wont stik to ice :help:
I'll still be here in the summer...honest
I posted some of my older work in the portfolio part.
oh by the way thanx to Shovelhead's post on another message board,or i wouldnt have found here again :cool1:
Steve

Colin

Yo, Fred......it's not like that in all of Canada........I took this today.

:cool:

Attachments

• Daff 2.JPG
    Daff 2.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 97

jimdes

Welcome back Mad! I'm the same way, but I never registered before . . . I was a lurker when S101 disappeared for a little while.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Colin said:
Yo, Fred......it's not like that in all of Canada........I took this today.

:cool:

Where'd you take it from .... istockphoto.com? :biggrin:

Or the local florist? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Besides, isn't BC part of Washington state? Did they move it to Canada? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:Canada 2: :signs101: :unclesam:

arbys

not much else to do when it's -40 degrees outside.

I love having great fires in the forest in winter (I find it much more beautiful snowcovered) and drinking litres of beer and smokin grams of weed (pot gets you a fine here, not jailtime...unless you're cultivating/trafficking bigtime) and having a barbeque! Winter is gorgeous! The colder the better!!!! Although I'd love to go south for a week or so, I'd soon miss home (and work).

arbys

Now this is what I call a flag!!!! I'll salute to that!

Attachments

• canadian flag.jpg
    canadian flag.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 84

Dale Horn

Welcome Steve !

Dura - FYI there's actually a specialty crop scientist researching hemp (non-recreational) in Saskatoon where I did graduate study work. I also worked for an entreprenuer who grows 1000's of acres of dwarf hemp for seed to crush into salad oil (has a nutty taste). The old varieties used to be 8 feet tall and it would be easy to get lost in there :rolleyes: On the flag :Canada: ??? :Big Laugh you're killing me.

arbys

Well Dale, there's an Agricultural College a block from me and a few years ago they
were growing different varieties of pot (inside tall fences) for the Canadian government
(testing different strains to give terminal patients).

Then there's that underground mine(what other kind is there?) in Flin Flon, Manitoba
(a huge modern hydroponic facilty) that grows it for the guv'ment.

It's crazy that hemp is illegal in the States because it has only trace amounts of THC, and it's such a beneficial crop. Its fibre can be used to make clothing and MDF and its oil can be burned in diesel engines(the diesel engine was originally designed to burn vegetable oil). Hey, Willie Nelson uses biodiesel in his tour buses! Willie's tha man!

Dale Horn

DG - Last time I was at the U of M to give a presentation. Our hotel was above that stripper bar so the keg party ended up being pretty lively. There were some East Indian graduate students there (I didn't know they weren't allowed to be seen holding a womans hand until they're married) :Oops: Well it was all in the spirit of "education".

Hemp jeans - I'm suprised how tough they are - they're quite comfortable and get soft like dress pants as they age . Maybe we have a crop here that won't be subsidized by the taxpayer :unclesam: :brittain: :Australia :Canada: . Wheat and canola have to go.

Steve - man Winnipeg get's it's fair share of nasty winter weather ?