• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any news about OP?

shakey0818

I have been looking for days but haven't found any updates on his condition.If anybody knows how he is doing please let us know.Still preying for ya Op.

iSign

yes
he is at home today!

He has posted on his Facebook page & said he would write more when he feels stronger.
I expect we will see him here by tomorrow if not sooner!

He got the defibulator and pacemaker installed yesterday and arrived home today!

he posted:

thanks to all who was involved in the prayer party, i have ever seen. i now have a DEFIBRILLATOR, implanted in my chest. so next time the switch get flipped off............i guess ill be in for a real shock.

to which Si replied:

I hear he got one of the cheaper Sears defibs ... now whenever he starts to get that gleam in his eye ... all Hennie has do is grab the garage door remote and click "Down"! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cdiesel

This is amazing. Two weeks ago, we were all saying our goodbyes. Now OP's home! Way to go Joe!

Mainframe

Good deal Joe! Let's get ready for next season! My dad has had a defib for 4 years now, only went off once, he had to get it tuned up, I think they are a lot better now. Good luck!

Steve C.

It seems now that Jesus was not the only one resurrected on Easter...we will
likely never here the end of that! :thumb::Big Laugh:clapping:

Colin

Let's not forget to recognize what really saved Joe's life; modern medicine, knowledge & technology thanks to the hard work of science in the last few hundred years, especially the last few decades. As the average life span of humans just 100 years ago was something like 30, we all have that, and modern Dentistry to thank for our longer lives.

It may be that people really think that their prayers do good, and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.

Take care Joe.

iSign

it may be that Colin is the single most insensitive phuqwit that we all managed not to insult 2 weeks ago when his asinine comments could not be addressed without further degrading a moment of more important emotions... now i will say take your phuqing high horse importance to some other phuqin thread Colin... you're pissing off a lot of folks being such a god damn a$$hat!!

Techman

The fact is... Collin...

Finding out that others are doing what they can when there is not much hope relieves stress. When circumstances appear grim and there seems to be little good on the horizon a little compassion and personal support in a word and deed from others goes a long way.

Releasing this stress will allow the body and mind and spirit to heal. Call it whatever one may whether it be Karma, Prayer, or JuJu. I know its affects first hand it works.

Signguyno1

When he got to St. Peters gate, he found out Pete was a republican and afetr looking over his past he was told he was not ready yet and thrown back into the pool with the rest of us.
:Welcome:back Flatlander :):):):):):):)

After all our tears and prayers, are you going to be nice to all of us?

Colin

it may be that Colin is the single most insensitive phuqwit that we all managed not to insult 2 weeks ago when his asinine comments could not be addressed without further degrading a moment of more important emotions... now i will say take your phuqing high horse importance to some other phuqin thread Colin... you're pissing off a lot of folks being such a god damn a$$hat!!

Nice. I encourage you to actually read any and all comments I made on those older threads Doug. I suggest that you will find that they are sensitive to Joe & his partner at this difficult time, and if you........all of you..... had any idea of just how much restraint I've exercised on this matter in the last week or so in the face of the continuous, irrational, superstitious and overt claims of how "prayer works", you'd be presenting me with an award right now. I've bitten my tongue so much it's freekin' bloodied.

If people choose to get pissed off and "claim offence" like a wound spring, all because one or two individuals happen to point out the obvious thing (medical help) that helped Joe survive as opposed to the totem pole that they prayed to, that's their problem.

Attachments

• Worship.jpg
    Worship.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Once he gets back he can tell us what it's like on the other side.
Should be a good tale.

wayne k
guam usa

Fitch

Whatever works for individuals is alright by me.

I just hope that all and sundry will respect Colin's non belief and resist the offering of prayer in a time of need. This goes for Colin's family and friends. Hopefully they will respect his belief and simply rely on modern medicine and modern medicine only.

Colin I respect your position. I don't agree with it - but respect it.

I can only assume you have not had any reason to seek faith in the power of prayer. Maybe you have had reason and that path failed you?

Good Lord ( no pun intended) we all need a little faith in something in this crazy old world.

My prayers are certainly openly on offer for those that beieve in all avenues for a positive outcome.

Cheers - G

iSign

Colin, you were & are a degradation to your surroundings for ONE very important reason, and it is NOT your spiritual beliefs or lack thereof... not for you rightful claim to freedom to express your beliefs (in the proper place and time) ...nor you rightful wish to be free from forceful expression of other beliefs thrust upon you, around you, or in any unreasonably oppressive manner intending to convert berate, or judge you...

No, you are not guilty again of degrading an auspicious moment in time, among a significant community of conscientious and tolerant diversity, aligning themselves for this rare moment, to overlook differences, rise above semantics, and work around ego, pride and righteousness to find harmony, power, unity and if any so desire, even hope or understanding, through sharing the emotional maze of our short presence on this planet... simply because you do not choose to align yourself with the concept of prayer...

You are an insensitive phuqwit because you don't have enough sense to recognize that unless someone tells you THEIR Christ, died for YOUR evil sinning ways... and to badger YOU to believe, repent & surrender... then a few simple references to the word or the concept of random, nondenominational prayer does NOT invite you to piss all over everyone else's largely unspoken beliefs with your tired old weakass victim pleas of unfortunate and intolerant claims to religious freedom from the mere mention of an innocent word like "pray"

phototec

I had to put this creep (Colin) on my ignor list, because he was sending me PMs.

The best way to deal with him, is to ignor him!

:thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
pops_blinking.gif
I will remind all that this thread is in an open forum where discussions of religion are not permitted.

iSign

So shouldn't that mean any discussion of prayer should be removed??

yeah, and no more polls, never say "vote" and I guess "win" would be out, and hmmm... no more use of "majority" or "minority opinion" and no counting posts, cause that's like counting votes... oops... said vote again..

geezus buttons (note, merely a use of a derivative of geeze, or gee whiz) I PRAY TO DOG we don't get so f'n politically correct we cater to extremism like this :frustrated:

pray [prey]
–verb (used with object)
1. to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship).

if i pray to my dog that hyper sensitive people grow a set of balls, believe me, that ain't religious... that is the same simple antagonistic mockery of whiny crybabies that made this site famous! :rock-n-roll: