• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any of your Cities, Towns, or Villages on fire yet?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, you wanna let a buncha people who want a 5 or 6 year old determine what sex they are, when they have no frickin' clue.... decide on what to do to with an unwanted child ?? Probably that same child at one point.
Other than lousy planning or no planning at all...... and some misguided pregnancies...... how many people does this sort of thing actually effect ?? Really, not many at all, but it's all blown outta proportion to keep us separated and occupied while gas prices sore and taxes keep going up. Politics is in everything and we're all too frickin' dumb to see through it. Ya have the same idiots saying they're gonna protest, burn buildings down and disregard the laws..... and these are our voted in politicians. What the fug kinda idiots are we voting in, anyway ??

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Hey, anyone like the privacy surrounding medical info? HIPPA is the act, my general understanding is that the right to medical privacy mostly stems from arguments based on the original R v W decision as well - the original thoughts were about potentially protecting young women from parents who may be upset to the point of violence after hearing from their child's doctor... then expanded as a right we all expect.

Now, when you knock out the court's decision that was a foundation for things like HIPPA, what is the end result for HIPPA? (I think the reversal may have opened a lot more uncertainty to our medical health than what the Justices realized. - time will tell.)
I was wondering the same thing. Will hospitals start selling your health data to the insurance and drug companies? Hope your wife doesn't see that ad for penicillin in the mailbox after you get home from your business trip to Vegas.

weyandsign

Yep, no outrage/protesting $5 gas and inflation. Corporate media has the herd well under control. Voting for option A or Option B, no real choices. United we stand, divided we fall.....

Johnny Best

Hippo, someone say Hippo?

Attachments

• hippo.jpg
    hippo.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 56

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, if ya put glasses on that, it would look like a fellow member here. I hadda say 'that' cause I wasn't sure what gender it is.

Notarealsignguy

Yep, no outrage/protesting $5 gas and inflation. Corporate media has the herd well under control. Voting for option A or Option B, no real choices. United we stand, divided we fall.....
there were no covid protests either or truck drivers blocking up city streets at any point in time. I'm not arguing what is legit and what isn't, I just see full circle stupidity every time I turn around. People may say apathy is not a good trait but I will argue that sometimes it is.

Johnny Best

Are all these protestors pregnant, or got someone pregnant? What is their problem. How does this ruling take away your freedom. You can still get abortions.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Fair point, it is a very complex issue. If my wife told me she decided to have an abortion and I needed to be quiet, I don't think my first reaction would be to go sit in a corner and look away until it was over.
Not to pick on you but for the sake of idk, a different viewpoint... What if it was a choice between your wifes life, and a new baby? Shouldn't that be a decision between the two of you, and her ob? In some states, that choice will now be nullified, and your wife will be forced to carry out that pregnancy. Which could end her life. While you quietly sit in the corner. Because your say is no longer valid either. The "right to" part is no longer protected by the United States. Now it's up to the individual States.
Johnny, So people are making noise because they want the attention of the federal government. That's why anyone protest's - politics.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I was wondering the same thing. Will hospitals start selling your health data to the insurance and drug companies? Hope your wife doesn't see that ad for penicillin in the mailbox after you get home from your business trip to Vegas.
I think this horse took the back door out of the barn long ago. Last time I checked Google Maps there was a geotag right over my shop with a "GAC05 poops here" title.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not to pick on you but for the sake of idk, a different viewpoint... What if it was a choice between your wifes life, and a new baby? Shouldn't that be a decision between the two of you, and her ob? In some states, that choice will now be nullified, and your wife will be forced to carry out that pregnancy. Which could end her life. While you quietly sit in the corner. Because your say is no longer valid either. The "right to" part is no longer protected by the United States. Now it's up to the individual States.
Johnny, So people are making noise because they want the attention of the federal government. That's why anyone protest's - politics.
Still too early to tell if that will be the case. Each state will come up with limits and perhaps outright bans, some will extend services. Even if there were a way to take religion and politics completely out of the mix it would still be a mess.

Boudica

Still too early to tell if that will be the case. Each state will come up with limits and perhaps outright bans, some will extend services. Even if there were a way to take religion and politics completely out of the mix it would still be a mess.
What did our wise rooster say? 12-13 years? ... I still think he meant months.

Boudica

No this goes beyond politics, these are people who want to kill babies. Their politicians have been letting it happen for years and now they are having it taken away and they think it is part of their freedoms.
Are the people who are against this right to choice, going to provide for these babies? And bail them out of jail when they make bad choices, because they grew up unwanted any way?

... like I said, thousands of reasons why any government shouldn't have the ultimate call . Ultimately, freedom of choice over your life, and future just shouldn't be illegal. IMHO.

CanuckSigns

Are the people who are against this right to choice, going to provide for these babies? And bail them out of jail when they make bad choices, because they grew up unwanted any way?

... like I said, thousands of reasons why any government shouldn't have the ultimate call . Ultimately, freedom of choice over your life, and future just shouldn't be illegal. IMHO.
I'm reminded of this quote from a Methodist pastor.

The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.
Methodist Pastor David Barnhart

Johnny Best

Ultimately, freedom of choice over your life, and future just shouldn't be illegal. IMHO.
So you and your boyfriend own a house. You guys have an extra room and you get a boarder in the house. The new person makes you vomit from their obnoxious ways and you become misrible taking care of this new boarder. You and your boyfriend decide to kill this new boarder because you want your freedom and its your house. So one day you take a metal coathanger and strangle this person and throw the body in the trash.
Your free because you choose your freedom and your future.
The government you choose allows this type of killing and your happy about it because you have your life back.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm very against abortion but I'm willing to compromise on the issue. I say no abortions after 12 weeks unless the mother or fetus was in danger, or rape or incest. That "health danger" is going to cause a lot of controversy and likely lawsuits. There could also be men being accused of rape simply so the woman can get an abortion.

In the District of Columbia and 47 states that reported data to the CDC in 2019, the majority of women who had abortions (57%) were in their 20s, while about three-in-ten (31%) were in their 30s. Teens ages 13 to 19 accounted for 9% of those who had abortions, while women in their 40s accounted for 4%. 93% of abortions are done in the first trimester.

56% were surgical and 44% were medication involving pills.

Those statistics are terrible. Why are women NOT using birth control? There's a Planned Parenthood in every major city and no reason you can't have Obamacare insurance - it's cheap. I'd be curious on the income level breakdown with these numbers. What is the cause of the abortions...is it lack of birth control or ease of abortion?

Notarealsignguy

So you and your boyfriend own a house. You guys have an extra room and you get a boarder in the house. The new person makes you vomit from their obnoxious ways and you become misrible taking care of this new boarder. You and your boyfriend decide to kill this new boarder because you want your freedom and its your house. So one day you take a metal coathanger and strangle this person and throw the body in the trash.
Your free because you choose your freedom and your future.
The government you choose allows this type of killing and your happy about it because you have your life back.
Wouldn't you? The guy attacked me, I had no choice.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are all kindsa extenuating circumstances, but those are the few in reality. There are few enough cases for the government to help, be it medical care, comfort or surgery, but the vast majority of these things is exactly the same as the gun control problems. Careless and crazy people. Ya wanna complain about this sh!t, but ya don't wanna face reality. Who's the v-a-s-t majority having the problems ?? People having careless sex, people who don't know what they're doing due to mental capacities from drugs, lack of drugs or wrong drugs. The people having abortions in any of those groups mentioned, might have a really good reason for it, but most of them treat a pregnancy, like an empty soda can. It's a throw-away society. Ya don't want it, throw it away. My feelings are all over the place, but it's becuase people simply don'ty give a sh!t in the first place. We're becoming numb to this stuff.

However, while we're all arguing/discussing/b!tching about this and other things......... the government is free to do what they want while we're not watching what they're really up to.