• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone attempted to move a flatbed after initial install?

SignManiac

Will most likely be moving again to a larger building about three miles down the road within the next 2-3 months. I saw how much care was put into installing our FB950 flatbed printer by HP when it was newly installed. Leveling is supposed to be crucial along with other necessary details.

I'm wondering if we can carefully pick it up, set it on our flatbed trailer, drive three miles to new location doing 5 mph. (while pizzing off everyone stuck behind us) and basically plug it back in? I realize we have to have auxiliary power during the move to keep the vacuum going so the inks don't drain back out of the heads.

I do know of someone with the exact same printer who sold his to another shop twenty miles away, and as far as I know it was a successful move.

Any tips or ideas that might help are appreciated. If it's not wise then I get HP to come and move it at whatever their going rate is.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's not much gravity on Mars.... can't you just put wheels under it and roll it ??

CheapVehicleWrap

If you need power while you move it do not plug into just any generator or inverter. I believe you may risk serious damage with a modified sine wave vs. A pure. Perhaps artbot or someone else can chime in with specifics.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I would do a head flush and purge before the move. Then, no worries about ink running out of the heads.

signage

There's not much gravity on Mars.... can't you just put wheels under it and roll it ??

Gino on Mars he should be able to just reverse the vaccuum and hover it their:frustrated::covereyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob what is the voltage and current requirements for the printer?

Also I would make some metal braces to keep ir from flexing!

Dice

We've moved out FB700 (The new FB950) from one side of the building to the other, non issue, just put the rollers back on and re-level it.

We've talked to the techs about moving it before and they said if its not far should be fine. They recommended installing the head lock. If you don't use the one that came with the unit just make sure that head does not move while you move it.

SignManiac

240 on the machine itself, but 110 for the battery backup that keeps the vacuum going all the time. Bracing it for transport shouldn't pose any problems. The printer has forklift lifting areas in place and only weighs 1500 lbs.

Dave Rowland

on the agfa the encoder strip is in the open at the top, just be careful, we are considering moving ours but it has to go to another unit