• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple, what a fad....

CES020

Who said it isn't Okay? Plenty of people said they wouldn't spend extra money on a Mac, but then plenty of people don't spend "top dollar on everything else in life". But I don't recall anyone saying it is against the law or not "okay" to spend top dollar on a Mac. Again that is a straw man argument.

Have you actually read the posts in this thread? Plenty said you shouldn't spend your money on them because it was a waste.

Relax Joe, relax......deep breath in, deep breath out...... no need to get all "red" on us :) A Mac user wouldn't get so upset. Why are you so angry? Is it because you don't have a pretty, white cased cinema display looking back at you? Did your Zune skip a song?

Relax, it's all in good fun Joe, I seriously doubt many of the posts in this thread are completely serious, it's all in good fun.

It was started because I recall when the iphone came out how many apple bashers said it was crap and would never make it. When the ipad threads started on this very forum, there were those that said it was a worthless device made for no one and it served no purpose. They were wrong.

I can't compare Mac's and PC's. I don't own a Mac and I run XP, so I don't have the ability to compare anything modern. Likewise, many that bash them are in the same boat I am, but they still bash them, and then you have guys that buy them, they don't sit flat, so instead of taking them back, they use their knee to bend their $2100 computer to make it sit flat. It takes all types :)

Relax, it's the end of the day, go have a cold beer, I'm just having fun with you :) I haven't seen isign start an argument in a week, so I felt I needed to step up to the table :)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"I haven't seen isign start an argument in a week, so I felt I needed to step up to the table"

I think he is on vacation playing in the snow someplace stateside.

wayne k
guam usa

Joe Diaz

Have you actually read the posts in this thread? Plenty said you shouldn't spend your money on them because it was a waste. Not really, Most just said they wouldn't, and even if some said it isn't okay for others to do so, why would anyone care? And how would that be any different from a Mac worshiper saying not to get a PC because they crash, get viruses, steal ideas, etc.. etc..?

Relax Joe, relax......deep breath in, deep breath out...... no need to get all "red" on us :) ah come on don't do that:Big Laugh, you know I'm not upset. How could I be? it's a mac vs PC debate. I switched to blue to reflect my totally relaxed nature, so there is no confustion. :Big Laugh

A Mac user wouldn't get so upset. Why are you so angry? Is it because you don't have a pretty, white cased cinema display looking back at you? Did your Zune skip a song? Are you sure you aren't a Mac fanboy, you sound a lot like one. Picking on the poor defenseless zune. The Zune never hurt anyone.
:wink:

GypsyGraphics

5) The apple folks seem to be fine with PC people using PCs, but PC folks seem to have MAJOR problems with people using Macs.
QUOTE=Joe Diaz Are you kidding me? If anything they dish it out just as much. Maybe even more.

oh that's rich... coming from the guy who just took his Apple bashing into another thread.
in case you didn't notice... you were the only one who could keep their opinion focus on what they liked. you just made CES020's point on #5.

give it a rest joe. are you just having a bad week or something?

CES020

And how would that be any different from a Mac worshiper saying not to get a PC because they crash, get viruses, steal ideas, etc.. etc..?

Because one would be true and one wouldn't :popcorn:
:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

(sorry, but I had to laugh out loud when I typed that. I hope it's read in the same joking manor it was typed)

Joe Diaz

oh that's rich... coming from the guy who just took his Apple bashing into another thread. in case you didn't notice... you were the only one who could keep their opinion focus on what they liked. which i think makes CES020's point on #5... give it a rest joe. are you just having a bad week or something?

Now wait a second. Why do you think I am having a bad week? Why would you say that? Can't I comment on a topic too without being accused of being angry? I'm fine. I'm just having a good time like everyone else? Why do we have to make it personal? I've always wondered why people do that. You are calmly debating something and some one pops in says, woooo man calm down, no need to get mad. LOL My brother and I jokingly do that to each other some times, because we get in an argument it is usually pretty tame and civil.

Sure you could see my post on the other thread as apple bashing. But it's true. I used them. wasn't impressed, and now the last one I ever owned sits around collecting dust. Like I said, my loyalty lies with Corel, I can't use it on OSX, so what is the point of owning a mac? And, if we are pointing fingers and keeping score of who is bashed what, you wouldn't have room to criticize me. I seem to remember you saying that everyone steals from apple. Am I right?

Keep in mind I said mac users are equally guilty of dishing out criticism of others choice to use a PC, I never claimed that PC users don't do it too, but to be fair the comment you are talking about was me ONLY talking about my own experiences with a Mac and had nothing to do with another persons choice to use one. If you took that comment as me attaking someone's choice to use a Mac perhaps YOU are being overly sensitive or hopefully you just misunderstand me. I really hope it is the latter. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You know what?

I don't give a crap!

>Oh no, I'm turning into a crabby old man!<

Todd-sta

Just for fun, let's come up with some funny Apple product names: banana phone... Porta-Pod.... Maxi-pad.... this could be fun.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Remember children when dealing with strangers, from OK to very bad - it's
Good Touch
Bad Touch
iTouch

GypsyGraphics

oops, sorry to be plopping this in with nicer posts.

And, if we are pointing fingers and keeping score of who is bashed what, you wouldn't have room to criticize me. I seem to remember you saying that everyone steals from apple. Am I right?

.... If you took that comment as me attaking someone's choice to use a Mac perhaps YOU are being overly sensitive or hopefully you just misunderstand me. I really hope it is the latter. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

hey... i'm all for a healthy debate, even a heated ones. :clapping:

however, a few things happened in this thread that are HUGE pet peeves for me, and aren't OK just because they are said under the guides of "a debate."

insulting people and not giving credit where credit is due.

i don't think YOU insulted anyone. but i'm mentioning it anyway because, in this whole thread, it's one of only two things that actually bothered me.

someone said the only reason people are willing to spend more on mac's is because they want to look cool or trendy. that's rude and insulting, not to mention ignorant.

do i buy Kraft Macaroni & Cheese because the box is more attractive than the generic box? NO, i buy it cuz it's the cheesiest! if the cheesy taste wasn't all that important to me, i'd save my pennies and but the cheaper one.
OR
maybe i'm use to Kraft and someone else is use the another brand and we've just grown accustom to the taste and naturally prefer it. either way... it would be rude and insulting to say someone is cheap or has no taste, because they buy a less expensive brand... just as it would be to call someone wasteful or shallow for buying Kraft.

silly analogy isn't is. but isn't it equally as silly a debate as PCs & MACs... it's just personal preference for what you put value on.

now... on the matter of giving credit where credit is due.
claiming that there's no justification for ANY price difference bothers me. looooong before i used the word stealing, i said copying Apples innovations was not only legal, but fair, reasonable and expected in the field of technology. if you choose not to acknowledge that, much of what Apple develops, is sought after and copied then it is like stealing. taking credit for someone else's work IS stealing.

if someone used some of your artwork in a design and modified some of your colors and then framed it differently... then pretended not to know where some of the work originated, did they not steal your artwork?

so, to answer your last question... was i being sensitive or did i misunderstand you... maybe a little of both.

weaselboogie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7JH1FT_yM&feature=related

attachment.php

Joe Diaz

i don't think YOU insulted anyone. but i'm mentioning it anyway because, in this whole thread, it's one of only two things that actually bothered me.

someone said the only reason people are willing to spend more on mac's is because they want to look cool or trendy. that's rude and insulting, not to mention ignorant.
I don't think anyone said it is the ONLY reason, here is what he said:
Why is it not okay to pay more for a Mac, even if all the hype is not true, and it's just buying to be trendy, but when you buy a pair of Oakleys, or a Coach purse, it's perfectly acceptable, in your mind?

It's ZERO difference in buying a pair of Oakleys or a Coach purse and buying a Mac, if you assume the PC side of the argument that it's all hype and no point and it's just a fad of overpriced products....

...I just don't understand the logic on how, if it's in your personal life, you can justify buying anything that's "trendy" or "hip" but when a stranger does it with their computer, they are stupid and paying too much. I just don't get the disconnect. Either it's stupid for everyone to own $160 sunglasses and it's stupid to own a Mac, or it's okay to own the sunglasses and okay to own the mac. Can't be both, unless you have no standards or consistency in your words.

Part of the problem with this thread is that people are asking others to defend a statement that nobody here said.

And the whole thread started off on that note:
They said the Iphone was a fad. A piece of junk. Look at all the hating going on over the thing over the years. You're all with me so far, right? You know, it's just a toy and an overpriced piece of nonsense sold by snake oil salesmen of the decade, Steve Jobs.
Then it is if he wants us on this forum to defend against that, when I would guess most people don't believe that.

Do you see what I am saying?

now... on the matter of giving credit where credit is due.
claiming that there's no justification for ANY price difference bothers me.
Try not to let it bother you. But that goes hand in hand with some people claiming that PCs cost less, because they are lower quality. and I'm not saying you said that, but if a person thinks computers should cost a certain price, in most cases, logically, they either think one brand is over priced or the alternative is under priced, and they begin thinking of reasons that may be. And they may chose to passionately argue those oppinions. Don't let it bother you. They are just opinions and they are just machines.

looooong before i used the word stealing, i said copying Apples innovations was not only legal, but fair, reasonable and expected in the field of technology. if you choose not to acknowledge that, much of what Apple develops, is sought after and copied then it is like stealing. taking credit for someone else's work IS stealing.
Apple is a great company and we can thank them for a lot of innovations, however they don't invent everything. And they too borrow ideas from other manufactures and developers. I could list off so many things that weren't first created by apple, but that isn't really necessary is it? I think you get my point.
:smile: <-- see I'm not such a bad guy.:wink: