• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

#BadBanners: Photos of Messy Banner Signs

Lind SignSpring

We've all come across some awful looking banner signs at one time or another. #BadBanners can include spelling mistakes, wrinkled/sagging so it's unreadable, or (personal favorite) those banners that look like MacGyver was hired for the install.

This thread is the Hall of Shame for photos of some #BadBanners! Please see the two rules below before sharing a photo:

1.) Blur any identifying logos/names. This is just for fun..We don't want to single out any companies or installers. Please post nicely :peace!:
2.) No specific locations. If you are going to say where you took the photo, please be general with location (Northern California vs. BadBanner, California on the 34th street).
THANKS!

Lind SignSpring

The ole Roof Rack Tie-Down Technique

attachment.php

Attachments

• Roof Rack tie-down.jpg
    Roof Rack tie-down.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 197

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Evidently, you're the only one playing this silly game.

I know I go after a lota dumb sh!t and people on this site and other places, but they come here for it. I don't go out of my way searching for this trash. :corndog:

Marlene

what is the point of banner shaming? most are purchased by the customer and self hung. no big shock that non-sign people can't hang a banner. as far as spelling that happens on nice signs as well as banners so shame away but not getting the reason why

Lind SignSpring

This is not meant to offend...it's all in good fun.

what is the point of banner shaming? most are purchased by the customer and self hung. no big shock that non-sign people can't hang a banner. as far as spelling that happens on nice signs as well as banners so shame away but not getting the reason why

This is not meant to be mean or call out anyone. Yes the customer installs are typically the ones that will be featured here...but this is a sign industry forum. This is the one place filled with people who work with banners and signs everyday.

I'm sorry if this thread hurt feelings, but it is just meant to be a place where you can post those "Best of the Worst" without mentioned names or locations. It is all in good taste.

Marlene

This is not meant to be mean or call out anyone. Yes the customer installs are typically the ones that will be featured here...but this is a sign industry forum. This is the one place filled with people who work with banners and signs everyday.

I'm sorry if this thread hurt feelings, but it is just meant to be a place where you can post those "Best of the Worst" without mentioned names or locations. It is all in good taste.

sorry you feel posting other people's bad work is of value. we do work with banners and signs everyday and seeing this will do what? it is just a way of shaming others to build yourself up and most of us as jerky as we can be, aren't really into that

bulldozer

sorry you feel posting other people's bad work is of value. we do work with banners and signs everyday and seeing this will do what? it is just a way of shaming others to build yourself up and most of us as jerky as we can be, aren't really into that

or just a bit of satire?

Billct2

He's a merchant member trying to promote his product in a "fun" way.
Lots of members have posted pics of bad signs they have found amusing or offense.
Like has been said a thousand times, nobody makes you look at a thread, it's easy to just ignore what you don't like.
I, for one, appreciate the merchant members who help pay for this place, if they want to do a bit of promotion, fine.

TXFB.INS

He's a merchant member trying to promote his product in a "fun" way.
Lots of members have posted pics of bad signs they have found amusing or offense.
Like has been said a thousand times, nobody makes you look at a thread, it's easy to just ignore what you don't like.
I, for one, appreciate the merchant members who help pay for this place, if they want to do a bit of promotion, fine.

:goodpost: VERY TRUE!!!

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
Not always the customer...

Yes, sometimes the customer is to blame, but did the shop advise on how to install? And take a look at the banner with the horse-shoe cut-outs on the thread....they're upside down! That's in all likelihood an inexperienced shop doing that ( I personally think there are better ways of dealing with wind-issues than these unsightly cutouts)

I'd love more threads "shaming" spelling mistakes, bad font-use, useless design etc. It's one of the "fun" ways to show people what to look out for.

player

I don't mind looking at bad banners. There is a sports car forum I go to ('cause I have one) and guys there post pics of cars that have modifications that make them look
like they are going faster but do nothing...

Like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• super_rice_side.jpg
    super_rice_side.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 173

Lind SignSpring

#BadBanners (9-8-15)

Thank you everyone for your replies!
This week's installment of #BadBanners features photos from two industry blogs: Sign and Digital Graphics Magazine and Signs In A Snap.
Enjoy!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SignAndDigitalGraphics BadBanner Sign.jpg
    SignAndDigitalGraphics BadBanner Sign.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 204
  • SignsInASnap BadBanner photo (new-managementship).jpg
    SignsInASnap BadBanner photo (new-managementship).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 168

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Weird. I'm too freaking busy to sit and hunt for pictures of "bad banners" to post on here. What a waste of time.

I don't mind looking at bad banners. There is a sports car forum I go to ('cause I have one) and guys there post pics of cars that have modifications that make them look
like they are going faster but do nothing...

Like this:

attachment.php

Wow that car must be super fast. And what is the point of the snorkel.