• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Wholesalers

ikarasu

I signed up for a s365 account for my home business. I actually do stuff at home, but they didn't verify it. Same with 4over... Sinalite... Heck, I got a bunch of us only ones pretty easy and my business registration is in Canada.

I signed up with an email from my.domain.... www.lucidvinyl.com which is just a default WordPress site with stock graphics.... Anyone can tell it's not a real site. It's the same stock photo 100 times with a bunch of lorum ipsum text!

I also got a Grimco account... Nd graphics account... And a dozen other sign only / wholesale or trade only accounts with it.

Grimco one I got a rejected email first... So I reached out via my work email and said I wanted to buy a printer and start my own business, and they were more than happy to activate it. Everyone else I didn't even get a fullow up question... Occasionally the sales rep would reach out and call to welcome me and inttroduce themselves, but that's it.

Most places don't care, most places will deactivate you if you use them once a year anyways.

If the tire kickers want to handle all their own art and order directly from a wholesaler, let them. They're usually the ones who want 100 changes, want the item tomorrow and then end up complaining about the price and quality at the end anyways.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I signed up for a s365 account for my home business. I actually do stuff at home, but they didn't verify it. Same with 4over... Sinalite... Heck, I got a bunch of us only ones pretty easy and my business registration is in Canada.

I signed up with an email from my.domain.... www.lucidvinyl.com which is just a default WordPress site with stock graphics.... Anyone can tell it's not a real site. It's the same stock photo 100 times with a bunch of lorum ipsum text!

I also got a Grimco account... Nd graphics account... And a dozen other sign only / wholesale or trade only accounts with it.

Grimco one I got a rejected email first... So I reached out via my work email and said I wanted to buy a printer and start my own business, and they were more than happy to activate it. Everyone else I didn't even get a fullow up question... Occasionally the sales rep would reach out and call to welcome me and inttroduce themselves, but that's it.

Most places don't care, most places will deactivate you if you use them once a year anyways.

If the tire kickers want to handle all their own art and order directly from a wholesaler, let them. They're usually the ones who want 100 changes, want the item tomorrow and then end up complaining about the price and quality at the end anyways.
Gemini sent a rep here before they opened our account. The rest were pretty easy. I haven't used any of them either except 4over for business cards. Just about anything else you can do yourself.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We've had a printer for 12 years, I still send out banners to a wholesaler, I find finishing banners to be a massive PITA, by the time I factor in the time to hem and grommet, it's cheaper to have a wholesaler print them while my printer is printing profitable work.
Buzz Kill. ;)

ikarasu

Don't worry. After her first order of 20 banners, her hands will be raw and shell hate having a printer and go back to only outsourcing!

MI Bearcat

We've had a printer for 12 years, I still send out banners to a wholesaler, I find finishing banners to be a massive PITA, by the time I factor in the time to hem and grommet, it's cheaper to have a wholesaler print them while my printer is printing profitable work.
I do the same thing unless it has to be done in a day. Try to keep my printer busy with non-banner jobs. Don't have a heat welder and have to use banner tape which is a pain.

ikarasu

We do a lot of our banners in house... I'd rather not, but we charge $2-300 for a 4x8, in hopes no one buys them... But they do, and usually in a rush. It's nice when they pay $8k for 30 4x7 banners... But everyone here hates hand heming with tape, huge pain in the ass. So we do them probably 4-5 times a year... Lots of cursing every single time!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We print them in-house, but if it's a large order, we'll send them out to be finished. onsey-twosie's we'll hem and grommet in-house.

Stacey K

I like making signs
After my first few banners I can see that I will still be sending some of the high quantity orders out! It's sooo nice to be able to do some in-house and especially the rush orders. In the past I basically had to stop what I was doing, get the art approved and get it ordered so I would have it in time. At least now I can procrastinate :p

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We do a lot of our banners in house... I'd rather not, but we charge $2-300 for a 4x8, in hopes no one buys them... But they do, and usually in a rush. It's nice when they pay $8k for 30 4x7 banners... But everyone here hates hand heming with tape, huge pain in the ***. So we do them probably 4-5 times a year... Lots of cursing every single time!
I do not know how ANYONE hates putting together banners. I will put together a banner a 100 times before i do a yard sign.

rjssigns

I do not know how ANYONE hates putting together banners. I will put together a banner a 100 times before i do a yard sign.
Yup. I like hemming, grommeting and banners in general. Folks buying them aren't asking for perfection. Size only needs to be close since they aren't going in a frame or having to fit a specific area. No laminating either which can be frustrating at times. My take on laminating: 5 hours to print 5 seconds for the laminator to "F" it up.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Yup. I like hemming, grommeting and banners in general. Folks buying them aren't asking for perfection. Size only needs to be close since they aren't going in a frame or having to fit a specific area. No laminating either which can be frustrating at times. My take on laminating: 5 hours to print 5 seconds for the laminator to "F" it up.
yep! banner material is cheap. I will print that sucker and trim it up, banner tape it, grommet id, take a photo of it and send it out the door.