• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Wholesalers

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I think there used to be, but it's mainly the east coast kids. I've heard tales... Just ask Guido.
I literally had to sit and think, "what's his name again?"

Back when I was teaching, the administration wanted us to learn the kids names at the beginning of the year within the first week of school. One little girl stood in front of me while I tried to figure out her name. Finally she said, "Ms olson, it's been 3 weeks". I still forgot the kids name.

netsol

I think a few of you forget what "wholesale" or "Trade printers" mean.

It means, they'll sell to anyone who resells print,
it doesn't have to be a sign shop...
But isn't that what they should do?
I understand denying an end user, but several members print business cards, or, at least sell them.
If a print shop sells banners, that seems legit to me

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
But isn't that what they should do?
I understand denying an end user, but several members print business cards, or, at least sell them.
If a print shop sells banners, that seems legit to me

It really depends on their business model.
If we're talking about signs365 and you've been denied an account like i did. They give you the option to call them to clarify who you are etc.

netsol

It really depends on their business model.
If we're talking about signs365 and you've been denied an account like i did. They give you the option to call them to clarify who you are etc.
They initially denied me because i did not display a sign at our location.
We moved in jan 2020 & they approved me.
It seems they make a good faith effort to only see to reellers, although, obviously, their criteria are not perfect

Stacey K

I like making signs
I denied a lady yesterday who called and said she had a "wholesaler account with Jiffy Shirts" but they were out of Gildan orange (?) and wanted me to get them from "my company" and sell them to her at my price - "because she has a wholesaler account to".

She has a cricket in her basement and works for cash taking jobs away from the rest of us for a very cheap price. Sorry doesn't work that way and Jiffy Shirts sells to anyone so they aren't a wholesaler.

These are the kinds of people these companies need to avoid. Do the work and spend the money and time like the rest of us and start a legitimate business - then we will talk.

Eforcer

Their turnaround is fantastic. I've never had a problem with them and pricing allows me to make a good profit. I have a big Mimaki, etc. but sometimes outsourcing a big order makes sense.
We have a Mutoh 1624 that when we are busy it make sense ($) to outsource to 365

The only time we outsource banners is when they're too big for us to print. One of the cheapest material we have, easiest job to do (first day employees can easily do it), and a pretty damn good markup.

For those that tape get yourself a Speedball hard rubber brayer, which I'm sure most already use something similar. Fellers used to have a "how to banner tape" infographic on their banner tape pages and they said to press the tape down with a regular bondo card, which is dumb.

1650387105412.png

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
Besides them saying this, what obligation do they have to follow this rule? They setup my account and I'm not a full fledged sign shop.
Uhhh i dont know i figure they woukd have to collect sales tax from end users ya think? Yes they would have to have a license to sell retail which they do not. 4 over has been charging me tax since day one and ive filled out 50 u5000 forms for them it got to be a battle i didnt choise to fight anymore but i guarantee they do not send that sales tax money they collect to the county in which they arerequired to either which is fraud so things like these are the “incentives” for shops to sell only to resale companies.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Uhhh i dont know i figure they woukd have to collect sales tax from end users ya think? Yes they would have to have a license to sell retail which they do not. 4 over has been charging me tax since day one and ive filled out 50 u5000 forms for them it got to be a battle i didnt choise to fight anymore but i guarantee they do not send that sales tax money they collect to the county in which they arerequired to either which is fraud so things like these are the “incentives” for shops to sell only to resale companies.
Huh? Bet they do collect tax. Not everyone has an exemption and now with the law changes, a lot of people don't have exemptions in every state that they are drop shipping to so S365 would be required to collect it for that state. You really think a company as big as 4over is collecting but not remitting sales tax?

Scotchbrite

No comment
Providing sales tax exemption has gotten to be a real pain in the ass. 4 Over is just my latest headache in that regard.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

Huh? Bet they do collect tax. Not everyone has an exemption and now with the law changes, a lot of people don't have exemptions in every state that they are drop shipping to so S365 would be required to collect it for that state. You really think a company as big as 4over is collecting but not remitting sales tax?

Providing sales tax exemption has gotten to be a real pain in the ***. 4 Over is just my latest headache in that regard.

this is interesting, i would have thought there's sales tax on any goods and service that's sold.

If im suppling a product to another company to resell, i still need to charge GST (Goods and services tax) and then the reseller needs to add tax (gst) on top of that.